1973 Duster Pro Street project car

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Duster4406

Contact seller
For sale is my 1973 Prostreet Plymouth Duster 440 project car roller. This was an original 340 car at one time. I have owned this car for 30 years. I believe I am the thrid owner, car has 33,000 original miles on the body. The body has no rust holes, never had. No patch panals ever, all original metal except for hood. There is surface rust at the bottom of the rear quarters due to my 25 year old laquer paint is peeling off. The car has been garaged for the last 20+ years. It spent 1 year outside while I finished my garage, this is why the surface rust appeared and the paint started to peel. ALL the primer in the pics is epoxy! All the hard fab work is done. The only welding left to do is the spring perches on the rear end. This is a back half car, all tin work is done, 12 point cage, back seat can still be installed, but you have to be a liitle dude to fit between the bars. Stock dash, door panals, head liner, column and pedals, wipers, glass. It was always intended to be a street car. Front seats are jegs racing buckets with custom fabed seat adjusters that work. No seat belts, no shifter, no tach, no carpet, gauges not attached.

Rear end is a 8 3/4 with a 3:91 posi 489 case,narrowed A body housing with new green bearings and long studs. Dodge truck axles cut and resplined by Moser. Stock 340 leaf springs mounted in frame box(in-board kit). Factory frame rails removed, boxed, and welded in board to retain stock axle arch and location, perfect rearend placement. Fuel cell with sending unit mounted between frame rails covered by sheet metal, even with rails. Frame rails are tied, drive shaft saftey loop welded in, custom adjustable pinion snubber brace welded to frame and cage. Under car cleaned and painted epoxy primer then with black enamal, still holding up well. Factory power front disk brakes. Car has been in this pro street form for 20 years, tired of it being in my way, time to go. It is set up for a 440/727 via elphant ears. The pics show car with my 440 6 pack engine in the bay(no where to store). THE ENGINE AND TRANS IS NOT INCLUDED WITH THE SALE PRICE. If your interested in the engine and trans, I will sell for the right price(long list). I have a set of used chrome plated first jen under car big tube headers for a 440 that go with car. I think 2 of the tubes go through the lower inner fender well, the manufacter is Super Pro/ Parts Pro, don't remember? Also have a factory counsole in great shape. The wheels and tires are prostars, and Mickey Thompson Sportsman pros, 18.5 x 29 x 15. Front rims are 15 x 3.5. All purchased new and never used for years, still in excellent shape.

Parts needed to finish, leaf spring rubber bushings/bolts, brake lines, fuel lines, engine pullies, hoses. Some interior assembly, needs rear door panals, shfter, carpet, paint. Rear bumper installed. Rearend assembled and painted.

Asking price for the roller and what ever parts I have for a Duster, $5500. I am sure I forgot some more details. I know, why cut up a all orginal, low mile, 340 Duster? When I tried to sell the car 20+ years ago, with new paint and many mods to the motor, I could not even get 2K for it! I live in Fenton Michigan, you can call me on weekends or after 6 weekdays at (810) 632-5541.
Thanks,
Mike

I tried to post pics and was not able to, way to large. My wife has are digital set on kill, I will need to retake all pics and post! Sorry!

you can open a free photobucket account and resize your picts on there. I have to do it all the time too. It will upload directly from your computer or camera.

photobucket.com

Here are some pics!

055.JPG

070.JPG

071.JPG

073.JPG

064.JPG

059.JPG

058.JPG

057.JPG

Thanks HOTMOPR for the photo bucket sugestion. Thanks 440belII for the nice comment.

Yes dd69a the car is still for sale. I have had no calls. I will soon advertise locally, time for it to go.
Mike

is this car rolling? is the rear in the car setup? whats ur bottom line.

The rear end housing needs to have the spring perches welded on. That is the last of any fab work. The vehicle will move, but needs a little more than a motor and trans, details are in the add above. Give me a call(810) 632-5541 and I can answer all your questions. I have a little room on the price. If I get a chance I will snap a couple of pics of the surface rust on the under side of the quarters. There is zero rust through on this body, all original panals, no patches.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back