1973 duster street car build.

-

mopardart44067

Reaction score
Hello I've been on this forum for a long time .I have had at least 15 mopars since I have been on this site.about 30 mopars all together.i was never able to make up my mind.i would always be trading a car for a truck or truck for a car.well after all the bull I put my self through I was done with old cars and trucks.had a Toyota tacoma for about 3 months as I watched everyone else drive there mopars and having fun I decided it's been over a year without a mopar.they are really hard to find and are either garbage or gold.i posted my tacoma on Craigslist and about a month later a guy calls me and asks me if I would trade for a 73 duster.i was like hell yeah.well it was located about 2 hours away.the guy would change his mind every other day about letting it go.i called talked to him he said ok come and check it out.so I drive 2 hours to go c it.it was cool .there was a problem with ignition,and the wiring.well after I walked around the car for 1 hour I decided to do it.trade my very reliable Toyota tacoma for a duster that needs work to even run on it's own.nervous as all hell I jump 8n and hit the highway lol.i was very determined because I wanted a mopar so bad it hurt.even though it ran like crap it drove me home.after 2 hours on the road on a car that ran like crap.that made me like it more because after having 30 old mopars I never ever drove one that far.and I had no idea about any of its problems.i beleive it was fait.well this is how I managed to snag it up.its a 1973 plymouth duster,318/904/8.25.has edellbrock performer intake.had a plugged up 600cfm edellbroke on it.ditched that and installed a brand new holley 570 street avenger carb.car has crappy done 2 inch dual exhaust through manifolds.i installed 2 single chamber mufflers.i replaced alt.batt.voltage regulator.redid a few wires.pcv valve.fixed the 2 barrel linkage to work properly with the 4 barrel.changed oil.oh and previous owner set air gap in distributer to about 25 instead of 008.so I set it correctly.and installed tach,oil psi,vacuum gauge.thats all I have done so far.the min possible to be my one and only daily driver.i have big plans for car.wich include 440/727/Dana 60 etc.ill keep this updated.ive typed to much allready.im not good at typing on my phone takes too much and the auto correct drives me crazy.thanks.

20170614_163346.jpg

20170730_211752.jpg

20170609_151020.jpg

Thanks.and the car was already primered on one side when I got it.so far car has zero rust.and pretty much perfect body.

That's a good lookin' daily! Way more fun than a Toyota pickup for sure. :) Nice score!

Well I'm so tired of people saying nice nova.ive decided on paint to be plum crazy purple.gloss black hood.etc style.ive always wanted to paint a car plum crazy.i was going to do my signiture satin black but this body is to good of shape.should less likely be called nova.novas didn't come in purple.maybe called purple nova eater lol.

Well I'm so tired of people saying nice nova.ive decided on paint to be plum crazy purple.gloss black hood.etc style.ive always wanted to paint a car plum crazy.i was going to do my signiture satin black but this body is to good of shape.should less likely be called nova.novas didn't come in purple.maybe called purple nova eater lol.
Sorry just couldn't resist !
Sorry couldn't resist !

16836672_10154178810681160_8123885689824817743_o.jpg

Lol.i see that to global is around $100 for gallon.ae.plum crazy purple metalic.i also like the foremost purple but I'm shooting for mopar color.anyone have experience with to global acrylic enamel single stage paint?I don't want to spend much paint isn't as important as speed ,normally I paint with rustoleum thinned with acetone.but this body is nice so I wanna do it some good.i have used some paint shop off ebay before same type of paint
It looked good but it was hemi orange.the can was chrome with orange label.dont remember who or brand.but it looked good.i would paint my duster hemi orange but it would really be asked if it was a nova lol.

I have a suggestion for you that might help. Put the duster stripes back on it . Once I get mine painted they are going back on . You can get any cubic inch engine. This is what my duster looked like when I bought it .

101.jpg

What is a good place to buy a Back half kit for my duster?wich one I wanna start studying.
Backhalf like big tire and a 4 link? What are your goals for the car? You can do a lot these days with leaf springs and a 275 drag radial without sacrificing street drivability.

Regardless if you paint your Duster purple, green, brown or yellow, some folks are going to still call it a Nova. Don't create another plum crazy purple Mopar to avoid people from calling it a Nova as that won't help much.

I like the plum crazy though.the nova calling isn't the only reason. I'm open to any color but it will be last thing I do.who knows
.im having issues while replacing trans mount.o gotta fab up mount to work.this sucks but I've tried everything to get it to fit.

-
Back