1973 Duster Window fuzzies

-

bmcentir

73 duster
Reaction score
My 73 Duster has been completed for a year and I have been using this covid time to work out some of the little issues I had with the build. I'm currently working on the door windows fitment and found an issue with the new cat whiskers I installed in the car. Attached is a picture of the original outside drivers door sweep next to a new replacement premium Cat whiskers. The new sweep forces the glass inward towards the passenger compartment and makes the door very hard too close. Does anyone have experience with this that could help out?

IMG_3808.jpeg

For some reason the aftermarket thinks that a one size fits all is the way to go.

I bought cat whiskers for my 67 dart convertible. There is more material then my worn out ones but the fitment is not great.

Does anyone have a picture of their 1972 Duster drivers door showing the fuzzies not installed they could post? I’m considering installing the 72 fuzzies since you can get them and I need to see the stock mounting holes for the fuzzies to see if I can modify my door skin to make them work on my 73.

After getting no responses, I've been looking to find something and found these exact replacements at Metro Molded parts. Wow.... these duplicate my original 73 fuzzies exactly and will fix my door adjustment issues I'm having. They were not listed on the web page but I was able to message Mike Hinshaw and he found them for me. Here are a couple of pictures for everyones reference. The first picture is the end view of three fuzzies. The first one on the left is the new metro molded one I just purchased. The middle is my original and the one to the far right is a premium cat whiskers that doesn't work. It pushes the window into the car about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch. The second picture is the box end with the part number.
Brad

IMG_3810.jpeg

IMG_3812.jpeg

-
Back