-
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlkArrow

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am not sure if I want to sell this yet, I am seeing if I can get any reasonable offers for it. I am only 16 so I am thinking this might be too much of a project than anticipated.
It is a little rusty with it needing a new dog-leg (in front of rear wheel well), and a rocker both on drivers side. It needs a lower rear quarter on pass side. And it needs front floors, though I do have them from ABS, which were around $80 ea. The gas tank needs to be replaced but I have a brand new one (can't remember brand off top of my head but it was manufactured in Canada) with the foam mat and J bolts. I also have a nice grille for it (old one had a few broken tabs). I think I might have some more spare parts for it because my dad was going to get some things from some people such as a gauge cluster or two, and another dash pad (this one is cracked).
There is so much potential in this car, this is why I bought it! It is a completely straight car, never being in an accident and NEVER having BONDO. This car is completely original with a new distributor (I think or at least a new cap) with new plugs. I was told it would run but I havn't tried. It is a nice original forest green with with forest green interior. Interior is clean with minimal tear. There is around 40k on the 225, with a torqueflight tranny. I paid $1750 for it and would love to make that or more 8)(because what ever I make will go to another a body with less issues...not that this has that many I just want something to drive over the summer).
I live in marlborough, connecticut.
PM me if you need more info.
THANKS FOR LOOKING. :usa2:

It is also big bolt pattern with front disc brakes, it also has power brakes. I have the original build sheet, as well as the instruction manual that came with the car. Here are some pics of the car.
0524081713.jpg
0623081822a.jpg

]
0623081822b.jpg
0623081823a.jpg

0623081824.jpg
0623081824a.jpg

0623081825.jpg
0623081825a.jpg

Here is my suggestions:
1. Spend a few hours, and a few bucks, and get it running. It will be far more attractive to ANY potential buyer if they know it runs. A decent tune up does not cost that much.
2. Clean and detail it. It does not have to be perfect, but a degrease, wash, polish, vacuum, tire shine works wonders.
3. List it confidently. /6 = MPG, and everyone is interested in that right now. List the Good and Bad, but do not dwell on the bad. The car is 35 years old. People expect some rust. Focus on the positive....Nice interior, new tires, whatever. Let them determine if the positives outweigh the negatives.
4. List it on Craigslist. Ebay, and forums are nice, but they are nationwide. Craigslist is free, and someone local can come and inspect it.
5. List your price, with a buffer for negotiation. Do not reveal what you have in it. Listing what you have is like showing your hand, then betting in Poker. Unless your competition is blind, you lose.

Alright, thanks backtobasics I suppose that I should get it running...I was told that it was a running car. I guess I will hook my battery charger up to it asap and try to get it running.
And I listed it on here first just to see if anyone would have any interest in it, I mean if someone on an abody forum doesn't want it, Also I a not 100% sure that my dad wants me to sell it..

man as soon as you have this thing running it's gonna change your mind about selling it, because having a classic car is one thing but having one that runs and drive's is a whole different story and I promise you that as soon as this thing is gone youre gonna regret it.
its a very clean car from what I can see and if the body isnt, well the interior sure as hell is.

I'd hang on to this one man.
if you need money sell something else like a kidney or something.

the rust on that duster is typical a body rust, its not that bad. Unless you have an unusually clean car your going to have to replace rear lower quarters, rockers, and little spots in the front fenders. The interior looks great, other areas of the car look clean, i wouldnt doubt that slant would run. I dont think it would take that much work to make the thing a daily driver. Id say keep it and build it. I have a 74 duster(the yellow car with black hood below) i bought with the same rust spots to fix when i was 16, im only 18 now and i had to pay 2500 for it. Its not as intimidating as it looks

Thing is that I don't have enough room in the garage, and I don't have a welder at the moment. I can't paint the car due to me not having a bigger garage. I would have someone do the welding for me but at the moment my family is a little strapped for money, my dad has two building lots he can't sell (and they are 2.5 acres near the lake and best deal in town for 119k ea.) So I figured if I sold this car, there is one duster on Craigslist that could work for 1.5k.

well, me personally, I wouldnt sell it.
but if youre not attached to it...go for it man

it looks to be a pretty simple job to get it running and drive it ! you dont need a rust free car with brand new paint to enjoy it.....

You can do the metal repair outside if needed. I fixed the rust on my duster right in the driveway over the course of a couple weeks. I just covered it up when I wasnt working on it. You can rent a welder from a tool supply house, a little one should be fine for sheet-metal repair. I would get all your rust cut out and patches fit, then go rent the welder, get it done that way you wont need the welder very long at all. All the work leading up to the weld is the hard part (like getting the patches fit well, and everything screwed or clamped down so it doesnt move on you). I have seen way worse rust than that. Most important is get it running (and a radiator), then you can enjoy it while you fix it up. I wouldnt sell it.

Well, since I have been on this site I have really began loving 70-72 darts/scamps which is what I guess I would love to get over a duster. They really have caught my eye...they just seem harder to find over dusters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back