1973 Plymouth Duster 340 - 4 Speed w/ Posi

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a decent enough project is it an original 340 car? What is the VIN? Any possibility of getting a title for it? It's a very fair price but in alot of states to get it on the road would require a title.

I'm trying to get the title from the original owner but I seriously doubt he still has it. He used it as a high school car and bought it as a 340 car. If its originial, I don't know because all the VIN tags are gone. Even by the radiator support. Still, even if there is no title I've heard of people getting the tags from another vehicle in addition with a title. They go on craigslist every now and then. (I'm not sure if this is legal but it happens) Anymore question, let me know! I have more pictures if anyone's interested.

I'm trying to get the title from the original owner but I seriously doubt he still has it. He used it as a high school car and bought it as a 340 car. If its originial, I don't know because all the VIN tags are gone. Even by the radiator support. Still, even if there is no title I've heard of people getting the tags from another vehicle in addition with a title. They go on craigslist every now and then. (I'm not sure if this is legal but it happens) Anymore question, let me know! I have more pictures if anyone's interested.

:read2: Probably not a good idea.....

[
quote=Judge Mills;561276]:read2: Probably not a good idea.....[/quote]

Its illegal in Michigan as far as I know

I am very interested in your 1973 Plymounth Duster! I would love to see more pictures. From what i understand it has no motor ? Am i correct? Thank you.

Sincerely, F"n"S

I am truly amazed every-time I see a car that is posted that is missing all its tags...

(Not trying to get into the right/wrong, good/bad stuff here)

I would love to here the back story on some of these cars.

The checkered past....

The mom that tossed them away

The angry girlfriend

Those damn kids down the street

no title, no vin tag, stampings removed. REEKS of an "ill gotten" car.

No accusations here....its a DMV disaster for something like that.

no title, no vin tag, stampings removed. REEKS of an "ill gotten" car.

No accusations here....its a DMV disaster for something like that.

I can only think of one reason body stampings would be gone....

When you say....... "Even by the radiator support." are you talking about the fender tag or numbers stamped in the body?

F"n"S;568386 said:
I am very interested in your 1973 Plymounth Duster! I would love to see more pictures. From what i understand it has no motor ? Am i correct? Thank you.

Sincerely, F"n"S
?/

I have known people who remove all of the body numbers before they go and dump a car somewhere. Just so they won't get a call to come and pick up their piece of junk. So it might have been one of these type cars, too.

I'd almost believe that if it was a plain jane car.
Being a 340 4-speed car I doubt that's the case.
Somewhere there is a slant six car that no longer exists, and this once rough 340 car is now an original "rust free" or "95% rust free" western car.

Ad stated car was a sure-grip rear diff vehicle.
Were all 340 4-speeds?
How else would he know... Unless it had a fender tag/build sheet at one time.

I'm not saying the O.P. did it, but it's pretty obvious someone used this Duster 340 4-speed for a rebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back