Status
Not open for further replies.

Revhendo

Master ACME Tech
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Well kids, it's time. I got too many things going on and I gotta cut loose of my car. So here she is, a 1973 Plymouth Road Runner. A real Road Runner, not a clone. Originally a 340/auto, now with 440/4speed. She still has her 8.75 rear with 3.23 open rear. The front end has been rebuilt with Moog pieces and the tie rods were upgraded to the 11/16" C body stuff. The original sway bar is installed and the rear one is sitting in the trunk. I've upgraded the original disc brakes up to the 11.75" rotors and the rear drums are now at 12x2.5. Those mushy K-frame and torsion bar mounts have been replaced by aluminum bushings. She rides on 15x8 American Racing wheels and 255/60 and 275/60 BFGs. It makes for a very tight and controlable road car with a great shock and awe freeway onramp factor.

The 440 is of 74 vintage with a cast crank, Mopar Performance intake, Holley 750 carb, a decent cam (unknown specs), headers and 3" exhaust. It has an 11" steel flywheel and a centerforce clutch. The 4 speed setup came out of a donor 1973 Road Runner and works sweet. It has a Mopar water pump, clutch fan and an aluminum radiator. It has yet to break 195 degrees.

The body is pretty straight with some minor rust issues in the usual areas. It doesn't appear to have ever been wrecked and most of the paint is original. (The exception being the top of the right front fender that was redone when I got it because some chunky person sat on it). The trunk and floorpans are absolutely solid. It's an original FE5 red car with black interior. The carpet is new, the headliner is original and uncut. The seats need to be redone and a new seat cover kit for front and rear goes with it.

I'm asking $10,000 obo for her and she's located Costa Mesa, Ca.

Attachments

• sale day 1204 331.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 1,432
  • sale day 1204 332.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,430
  • sale day 1204 335.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,490
  • sale day 1204 336.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 1,429
Did you find another toy for your life brother ?
Your Roadrunner sure has a good ring to it, good luck my California friend :cheers:

Did you find another toy for your life brother ?
Your Roadrunner sure has a good ring to it, good luck my California friend :cheers:

LOL, funny you say it that way.....

Attachments

• rings.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 685
Oh, and she's still for sale......
(the car that is)

Off the market. Needed a reason to buy a welder and a paint gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back