1973 Scamp AC refresh

-

Tuesday

Reaction score
AC help needed!!….

The instructions with my AC universal hose and fittings kit are pretty basic - am wondering if anybody can answer these questions - i’m replacing the lines and fittings in my 1973 Scamp - as have added a new compressor.

Questions:

1) do I need to keep or replace the expansion valve - see picture - many instructions seem to think not - am unsure?
2) these instructions (I don’t have this kit - just hoses and fittings/drier but they are specific to my car) are confusing me - https://www.originalair.com/downloads/instructions/MOPAR Engine Compartment Upgrade Kit 2.1.pdf - this is a specific kit for a Scamp. They suggest using a thermostat switch attached to the firewall - I don’t even have one there in the current set-up - any suggestions? They also have the expansion valve (wondering if needed with modern tubing)
3) I have a binary switch on my current set-up, I was going to attach a universal one to the drier (presume this is possible and keep in same location) and attach with the current electrical connection - does this sound appropriate? See photo of current drier and binary set-up.

If useful - instructions on the hose and fittings kit I have are included below - 547000 kit from Vintage Air.

New compressor from Bouchillon already installed.

Sorry if these are stupid questions - but online support seems lacking.

Cheers, and best, Tom

IMG_9771.jpeg

IMG_9773.jpeg

IMG_9772.jpeg

image000001.jpeg

-
Back