1973 Scamp headlight switch

-

renrob5000

Artificial Life Form
Reaction score
I have been trying to get a new headlight switch. Have tried the Dodge house...they couldn't get one. Local parts houses all had one on the shelf, but all were wrong. YearOne sent one that doesn't work as well. Two problems I've found so far...

1. Switch does not allow shaft of knob to lock due to thickness of dash panel.
2. Triangular hole for shaft is not big enough to insert shaft.

Has anyone else been to this rodeo before? :cussing:

i had a successful experience with the local NAPA folks
for my 68 car, fit correctly and worked..

I had the same problem.. the one they ordered for me went in just fine, but then the shaft couldn't go in far enough to "click" in place. The shaft went in the new one almost an inch further than the old one, so the old one went back in. I guess I'll have to live with the dash lights flickering from time to time. If anyone finds a reliable source for the headlight switch, I need one too!!

I'm beginning to think that used switches will be the order of the day. I've tried Autozone and O'Riley's.......both have ordered different switches as well. There are actually different numbers for darts and scamps. Guess I'll find a NAPA next....

Yep. They seem to have most anything when I need it.

Try paddockparts.com they have oem and other headlight switches and electrical parts. I got one for a 72 Dart fit fine no problems.
Bruce

-
Back