1973 scamp, new to forum, new to mopar.

-

Gabe

Reaction score
Hey, my name is Gabe, just got a 73 scamp not even a week ago. original everything, probably original rear drum brakes, was once vinyl, thats gone, 225 slant with 63xxx on it, no joke. In love with it...just not the AM radio that it still has...or its brake system, just replaced one brake caliper, seems the other doesnt have a bleeder nozzle? Dad said it looks like it was capped at the factory. All the fluid in the engine seemed...original as well...working on cleaning things out, in running order now...if you dont want brakes that is, anyone else experience this specific problem with the caliper?

Attachments

• 1219011354.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 101
  • 1219011558.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 1223011058.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 1227011207.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 1219011354a.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 100
what can i say? I document...those rotors were SHOT. the gouges in them were mms thick...rode smooth though lol

Look closer at that caliper. I bet you will find the bleeder is snapped off.

Dad said it looks like it was capped off at the factory, I'll check it out tomorrow though, thanks. and the scamp is solid, few rust-outs, what there was has been patched with steel. painting soon.

Welcome Gabe,

Word of warnig....these Mopars can be addicting. I've been with mine since 1981. You'll find a lot of very good people on this site along with a lot of knowledge. Good to have you aboard!

Glenn

Welcome to FABO Gabe!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

You might want to start a thread in one of the technical forums. Will probaley get additional help on your brake question. Thanks for the pictures - We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 47
-
Back