[WANTED] 1973 to 1976 upper a arms

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the upper A arms are the same between drum & disc brake A body cars from 73 up, but not sure.
Someone here will know for sure.
I do have upper A arms from a 74 Duster drum brake car though.

Just went through this with my buddy. He had BB drum and uppers had small ball joint. not saying all are like that but must measure for sure.

Just went through this with my buddy. He had BB drum and uppers had small ball joint. not saying all are like that but must measure for sure.
What should be measured on the ball joint? Threaded portion? If so, what should it be for large ones. My ball joint socket also fit my 95 Dakota.

What should be measured on the ball joint? Threaded portion? If so, what should it be for large ones. My ball joint socket also fit my 95 Dakota.
the square top- land-to-land

1-59/64" is the big joint, and the size of the special socket. sometimes a 1-7/8" std socket can work (they call it 1-7/8" square)

1.809" is the small joint

the square top- land-to-land

1-59/64" is the big joint, and the size of the special socket. sometimes a 1-7/8" std socket can work (they call it 1-7/8" square)

1.809" is the small joint
I checked the flats on the new Moog ball joints & they measured with my calipers (Analog, not digital) & the measured between 1-7/8" & 1-15/16, so they MUST be the large ones. I'll be using the same socket removing the old ones as I am installing the new ones.
Thanks, junkyardhero for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back