-
Status
Not open for further replies.

swifterthanyou

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
For sale on Ebay, here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...703225446&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MESELX:IT

Here is one of my barn (garage) finds for sale, still need to thin the collection so I am offering this find without reserve, if you are the only bidder, you are the winner.
This is a 318 V-8, 2bbl engine, AC, power disc brakes, power steering car with an 7.25" rear. This was a one owner car from new, I am the second. I found this in a garage in Washington DC a few weeks ago where it had been hibernating for the past 17 years, that's right, the last time this car was registered was 1993. The previous owner parked the car and went and bought a Caddy.
This car is loaded with most if not all options available at the time including but not limited too the remote hood release, AM/FM Sterio with the dual 6"x9" rear speakers and in dash fader which still works great by the way, map light, AC, power disc brakes, power steering etc.
Condition of the car over all is very good even though the body needs a little tlc as you can see in the pictures. I put this on a lift and the only bottom damage appears to be to the passenger side front floor board and the bottom of the trunk wheel well, both will need minor patches, the rest of the metal including the rails are in excellent condition. The roof is in excellent condition under the vinyl top because it was out of the weather. You can see the rest of the exterior is in good condition.
By the way, I started to clean under the hood and noticed that all of the original factory marks from the assembly plant including one of the inspectors initials are still under there, when was the last time you saw that on a car that is 36 years old
The interior is fantastic but will need front seat covers and carpet other than that..,.
Mechanically speaking the AC will need to be recharged as it does not blow cold. The engine is still strong and runs well, does not leak nor burn oil even on startup. Make no mistake, because the car sat so long, all of the rubber in the steering componants should be replaced and in general will need a good once over to ensure it is road worthy. The tires that are on the car have been on the car for probably 19 years and even though they are not dry rotted, they had lost all of their air over time. After pumping up the tires four weeks ago, and even though they hold pressure, they need to be replaced, they are out of round from being flat for so long, I know this because I drove the car to a friends used car lot to sell locally and the tires bounce quite a bit.
New:
* tune up with air, oil and fuel filters, plugs, wires, cap rotor,
* brake calipers, rear wheel cylinders, master cylinder, did not want to take a chance on not being able to stop I even replaced all of the brake fluid including blowing out the lines with compressed air to see if I could get them to leak, THE DO NOT LEAK.

Attachments

• IMG_0978.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0980.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0982.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0979.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0983.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0986.jpg