-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeeper

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am not overly excited about this, but I am selling my project car. I'm not losing my house or anything like that. I just need to take a different path for a time. It is not too far from completion. I built the car for me, and now my life has changed alot with different expectations etc.

I have had it for about a year and a half. It was a /6 car to start with. I liked the car because it was complete and none of the wiring had been messed with etc. Pretty good base really.

I was building it to be a presentable DD caliber car. It is not perfect, but it is a good car. No rust that I can find anywhere. Reasonably straight with a minor scrape on the drivers side. Good glass. It needs a new vinyl top on it now. Where they joined the top it is a bit rough. If you have had one of these cars you know what I am talking about. The factory did not do a nice job of correcting the seam when they used the top.

Body: Reasonably straight. No rust, tire well etc., good.

Interior: Black. Dash pad has a minor crack on one side, very small. Not the huge one in the middle where they usually crack. Rear seat is fine and it is the fold down seat. Drivers seat needs help. I have it, but it split a seam. I will include a decent black seat to get the car on the road, as well as the factory seat. I was going to use aftermarket buckets in it. Headliner is fair. Door panels nice with one minor rip on the passenger side. Floor is coated in POR.

Suspension: /6 torsion bars, rebuilt rear springs with a spring clamp and new bushings. BBP disks with turned rotors etc. Competition Engineering Drag shocks on all for corners. Sub-frame connectors welded in front to back. New tires on front. Rear wheels are 15 x7 that need tires.

Rear Axle: 8 1/4" 4.10:1 A body rear with Sure-Grip.

Engine: 1976 440. The lower half has been gone through with a re-ring kit. windage tray, new oil pump, New 3-bolt Comp Cams timing set, new oil pick -up and the car pan. Cam is a hughes 223-230 @ .050. Top end is 452 castings that have been worked over. They do need a valve job and clearancing for the cam lift in my opinion. I have the matching springs that came with the cam. Intake and carb are stock.

Transmission: 727 needs to be gone through. I have a kit new in the box for it, and a factory high stall convertor.

Conversion Pieces: I have the entire Shumacher Kit NIB. Headers, torque strap, mounts and instructions. Expensive....

Misc: There are alot of fasteners etc. that are new from Mancini or Summit that I really don't remember at this point. There is also a radiator, and your choice on drivelines etc. I have most of the parts to finish that I know of.

Other: I have more parts, and things on hand that I will deal with seperately. I am not including them in this sale. Things like new fenderwell headers, different intakes etc.

What needs to be done: Here is the big stuff that needs to be done. Heads finished off at a machine shop. Transmission assembled. And then drop it in. The engine is on a stand, and there is a huge pile of parts.

Trades: I would consider trades for a Jeep CJ, or?? I really do not want another car that does not run or has huge issues. I am really needing to simplify things so cash should be best.

Cash price: $2800-very mild OBO

Paperwork: It has a clear Oregon Title in my name.

Shipping: Really not realistic since the engine is out etc.

Pics: Yes I have them and I will be happy to send them out.

Location: I am located about 5 hours southeast of Portland Oregon and about 5 hours north of Sacramento California roughly.

20080812_0915 (Small).JPG

20080812_0916 (Small).JPG

20080812_0881 (Small).JPG

20080812_0879 (Small).JPG

20080812_0891 (Small).JPG

20080812_0892 (Small).JPG

20080812_0920 (Small).JPG

20080812_0924 (Small).JPG

It is really a pretty decent car. I have never washed it or cleaned the interior out since I purchased it so that is some vintage dirt on it.

I was drawn to the car because it was not molested at all. I think they drove it until it had a head issue. The plate on it is from 91.

I am doing one thing for sure. It is coming home from work and I will put it with the rest of my cars. I am going to inventory the parts so that I can answer questions more intelligently.

Not entirely happy about the sale, but you gotta do what you can.

ROB

Would it be possible to get a close up picture of the label on the driver side fender well just below the electronic ignition? I have a slant six and need to find a graphics company that can reproduce that label. Mine is beat up and I can't read some of the words. Thank you.

Any interest in selling any parts?

I will see what I can do. The car is not at home right now, and IMHO far too nice really to part out. When it is clean it looks decent and with some elbow grease it would clean up OK.

The only thing that I might consider later would be to sell maybe the rear axle etc.

That won't even be an option until it is clear that the car is not going to sell etc.

Thank you, ROB

Bump it up there......

Would consider a trade for a running 73 Duster with a v8 in comparable condition, or a 67-69 2-door valiant.

Unfortunately, I would need to do a deal in person. There are enough parts in boxes to make a long distance thing not real practical.

Thank you, ROB

I am really wanting to do an all or nothing deal.

If I keep the car, I will want to put a BB in it and need the parts.

I'd be more likely to take a part trade and cash.......although I would rather take cash outright.

I got about a two months and then I am starting on it to finish it.

Thanks, ROB

Its looking like sometime around X-mas that I will start on it.

Not wanting to part any of it.

Cash or trades?

Thank you, ROB

Sorry for repeating this. Would it be possible to get a close up picture of the label on the driver side fender well just below the electronic ignition? I have a slant six and need to find a graphics company that can reproduce that label. Mine is beat up and I can't read some of the words. Thank you.

I'm working on clearing out the shop today.

Trades?

Once I start work on it again and spending money, I will likely keep it.

I could use a fuel efficient new SUV type rig. Something like a Suzuki Wagon or a geo tracker maybe?

RoB

I have been gone for quite awhile now and just got back. Still up for sale until it is in the shop which looks to be a bit yet.

Getting down to the last couple of weeks. Once I open the Summit catalog and start buying it will come off the market, but for now it is still up.....

Naturally my car projects take longer than expected. I thought I would be well into this, but I guess not.

Jeep projects are not always easy....

Still up for sale or trade. Just an FYI to help. I am not interested in taking less than $2500.00 for all of it.

If your local, it is a good way to get into a BB car. If you live in the south, probably not.

Trades considered for running and driving V8 A body, or interesting Jeep / 4x4.

It's looking like the end of the month now before I start. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with my other project.

ROB

I know I've been saying that I'm starting on it this week for awhile. Until I get the Jeep out of there, this is still up for sale/trade.

I am insuring the Jeep tomorrow and I should test drive it this week.

Once it leaves the shop, I should be starting on this.......

Thank you for looking.

LMK if you have a running / driving V8 A body I would be interested. I have a modest amount of cash as well........

ROB

I can't believe no body has jumped all over this car..are you kidding me....and no i can;t buy it....too far

It Is Beyond A Shadow Of A Doubt More Than Worth The Money And With All The Parts For A Bblk Conversion And No Rust To Speak Of, Is A Steal, I Dont Know Why No-one Has Jumped On It Other Than The Economy Maybe Or Maybe The Right Person Hasnt Seen It Yet....if Money Wasnt My Prob It Would Definitely Be In My Shop.......

That is one clean solid car there. Don't find them on the east coast like that.

Hi, Do you have any shipping info available. Im in north east Ohio so shipping will cost $. If we get a reasonable quote, maybe we can get a deal done. If its a go you can just set the motor in the engine bay and the parts in the trunk. Any really big parts that wont fit can be forgone. If you have a better front seat can we trouble you to install it or is it a diff color? Most good shippers can deal with non op cars as long as they roll ok. I'll check some quotes on my end and get with you. Thanks

OK. I see the autonotify thing is not working. I did not know that i had any comments.

Not in any way attempting to be a stinker, but I really have to do business in person. It works real nice that way.

If the car ran and drove that would be one thing, but I will be well on my way to a running and driving car by the time I put the engine etc. in there.

Unless a fascinating local trade falls out of the sky overnight, I am set to keep it and start on it real soon. I actually spent some money on it today and am getting ready to finish the engine off in the next few weeks.

Thank you, ROB

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back