1974 Dart doors on a 1968 convertible?

-

PinkGT

Reaction score
Hi People,

Does anybody know if the doors off a '73-'74 Dart/Scamp will fit on my '68 Dart convertible? Some bozo tried to roll my car away from my house and hooked it on the neighbours car! Duh... no power steering when the motors not running, and it isn't a Toyota corolla!

Thanks for the help FABO

My 67 Dart Convertible has what I believe to be a 70-up passenger door as it doesn't have the extra latch thingee that the convertibles have and it doesn't have the dimples where it should go. I think the door lock is more towards the middle of the door on the 70 and up(mine was filled and moved to the back)and what I have gathered from previous threads is that the windows are different between a hardtop and convertible. Hope that helps.

My 67 Dart Convertible has what I believe to be a 70-up passenger door as it doesn't have the extra latch thingee that the convertibles have and it doesn't have the dimples where it should go. I think the door lock is more towards the middle of the door on the 70 and up(mine was filled and moved to the back)and what I have gathered from previous threads is that the windows are different between a hardtop and convertible. Hope that helps.

Hey,

"latch thingee?" is this near the striker plate or something? Or is it on the hinge side of the door? Could you describe it more?

Thanks for the info.

I assume he means the door lock button. They changed position from 67 to 68, and again in 69. There are other year-to-year differences, as well, just in those 3 years. Who knows what else changed by 74. I would try to find a 68 door -- I think it would be less trouble in the long run.

Hi people,

Well, I appreciate the idea of finding a '68 convertible door as a correct fit but my problem is time and the unicorn horn like scarcity of parts for these things in my area. Can anyone say definitively if the doors interchange with correct body lines? I don't mind if my door locks move a few inches as long as my door panels and glass can swap in. I'm building a driver that has in the past and will in the future do highway speeds down dirt roads, with the top down and the stereo loud.

Thanks

I know that 73+ cars have plastic pannels above the door pannels too, so they would not match your interior..

Hi Rockerdude,

Thanks for that info. I guess I will drive across town and check the doors of the '73 Dart/Scamp somebody has for sale. Canadian models seem to differ slightly from US and hang onto older styling from year to year. That's something to watch for though.

Regards.

-
Back