1974 Dart Frame Dimension Confusion

-

mopar_mudder

Reaction score
So I am checking my frame dimension to make sure I keep everything square when installing new quarters. This is on a 1974 Dart Sport.

I have the body service manual with dimensions in it. Problem is the dimension it has for the rear spring eye to eye of 57.26 isn't even close. Mine is more like 54.25 just eye balling it.

What's more if you look at the frame dimensions and use the 43 center to center and the 68.98 and use common sense right triangle math that tells us the the other dimension is 54.72, not 57.26 like the book says. So is the diagram wrong, and if so can I trust the rest of it?

20221119_142728.jpg

which manual are you using? I'd dig mine out later to check. also, Fig.1 says carline B and J, while the lower one is V and L. are they saying these are the same?

It is a factory 74 body manual. Just came it the house and manual is out in the shop so I have to check tomarrow and see if the top and bottom diagram have the same dimensions. But L should be for the Dart from what I understand.

It is a factory 74 body manual. Just came it the house and manual is out in the shop so I have to check tomarrow and see if the top and bottom diagram have the same dimensions. But L should be for the Dart from what I understand.
I think your issue is that Dart does not equal Dart Sport.

Look up 'Duster'.

They don't have a separate diagram for Sport that I can see. Either way the math doesn't add up unless I am missing something

-
Back