1974 Dart Swinger 4 door

-

swinger 74

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Im new to mopars so i need some help and tips. I bought myself a 74 Dart swinger with a 318. I found out the 318 has a blown headgasket or something. Water in the oil. Anyways i dont really want to mess with the 318. I bought a good running 1974 360 cheap from a guy i know. i paid $350 for it. Its out of a 75 motorhome. I was wondering what exactly what i need to swap in that 360. Im gonna beef it up a lil first before i install it. Im wondering what intake to use for 2bbl to 4bbl swap on the 360. Any help, tips, suggestions appreciated Intake, carb, headers, cam shaft all that good stuff :D thanks everyone.

it's not a direct bolt in - internally balanced vs externally balanced, different motor mounts - you'll get way better answers on here soon I am sure. As for the intake etc, it really depends on how you are going to use the car.. so I imagine you'll be answering more questions here soon too. :D oh, and welcome to the Mopar family!

Going to have to change the oil pan and pickup tube to the center sump (car) style. Your also going to have to swap the torque converter for an external balanced unit or use the B&M external balance flex plate. The motor mounts are close enough to use with a 360, you'll have to put some washers on one of the lugs on the driver side mount.
All the other external bolt on stuff will swap between the 318 and 360, the intake and exhaust manifolds will both have smaller ports on the 318 but will bolt up to the 360, the driver side exhaust manifold from the motor home wont fit in a dart.

Stock 360 Tquad/Qjet intake would be alright for 4bbl swap, believe you have other choices even if you gotta pass smog.

thanks everyone for your replys. Im buying the parts I need here and there. im stumped on where I should buy the oil pan from. I found a couple on like speedway and summit and stuff. But im worried about buying one of them because not knowing the quality of them and the fitment. I was thinking of just buying the one from speedway but none have reviews. what should I do????? also still trying to figure out if the 318 oil pickup tube will work? if it wont where can I find the right one? thanks again for the replys and hope to here your opinions and suggestions

-
Back