Not open for further replies.

medicineman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
FOR SALE VERY RARE !!!!!
1974 Dodge Dart Sport Hang 10

I bought this just recently, it is an amazing find, but I found another project car (well, a pickup) that I would rather restore. I can only have so many projects at one time. So, this one needs to go, unfortunately. It is a VERY RARE FIND!!! It is a 1974 Dodge Dart Sport, “Hang 10” edition in running, driving condition with clear title. There were maybe 1400 or less of these made in 1974-75 only and was a COVER featured article in High Performance Mopar magazine in May 2001 issue. This edition was focused on the surfing crowd in Florida and California, where the back seat folds down to allow room for a surfboard, all were eggshell white and same interior trim package. Other options were a hood scoop, sunroof, and 360 engine. It was driven to Oklahoma from California and owned by the uncle or grandfather of the woman that I bought it from and it was in the family since it was new! It is powered by a 318 with dual exhaust and 904 transmission, which propels an 8 ¾ rear differential upgrade with Mosier Axles with large bolt pattern all around, rear drum and front disc stopping power, PB, PS, and it was an a/c car but under hood stuff is gone. The original heater box is still complete and could easily have a/c again, the under-dash vents are in the trunk. It sits on some nearly new tires mounted on 4 LBP rally wheels, just missing 2 center caps, all the rest is there. Front sway bar helps eliminate body roll. It currently has a bearing noise in the rearend possibly a pinion bearing, which I planned on removing the pumpkin and checking axle bearings as well. I believe the damage was due to a leak and running low on lube. With that fixed and a check of fluids, I would trust this car to drive to its new home!! I suspected the battery, battery cables or starter which made it hard to start due to slow cranking, I’m sure that spinning faster would allow much faster and easier starts. I have installed a NEW battery cable set and battery, now it starts as it should. These HANG 10s came from the factory with an orangeish shag carpeting which is long gone but I have seen console carpet kits with center console trim carpet for about $140 complete, the red carpet is awfully close to the right color to match dash and console, just not a shag. The front bucket seats are shot but center cloth trim is salvageable or I have seen Hang 10 NEW re-upholstery kits for about $400 a set and Hang 10 stripe kits are available too. There are a couple small pinholes in front floor pans that I think can be repaired without full replacement, still VERY SOLID. The main issues with the car are some surface rust on decklid and roof, rust in lower passenger door, rear lower Quarter and around back seam near taillights, driver side lower quarter panel ahead of rear wheel, dent in driver side rocker panel, rear bumperettes are rusted out, the rest is very minor. There is some water in spare tire well but it is holding water so that’s a good sign, I will drain it asap, This is REALLY A RARE FIND!! I have tried my best to represent everything that I see with the car to the best of my ability and these repairs are common and simple for someone with body work experience. That and a little TLC will make this a VERY NICE CAR and I believe it to be a numbers matching car too which makes it that much more of a rare find. There is a Hang 10 Registry online where there are a dozen or so of these registered, so they are getting fewer and further between. I am asking $4000 OBO, email me at [email protected] or call 918-304-7100, Alan I will have pics soon

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

I go to Chickasha, OK sometimes. I am just north of Muskogee on hwy 69 at hwy 51 crossroads. You can go Turnpike thru Tulsa and 35 miles east or I-40 to exit 264B and about 35 miles north on 69. Give me a call 918-304-7100 is my cell. I guess about 120 miles two hours from you. Thanks, Alan

the hang ten edition is rare, but not very desirable, might be asking a little too much. We had one in town here in a little better condition with a few more options, he was asking 5k for. he settled for 2k. i like them but some people just dont like the multicolored interior i guess. hope you get her sold

just seen one of those for sale at auto fair in charlotte,, it was really rough,, yours looks pretty decent,,,

Thanks, Yes its all there and with a bit of metal work and paint/interior work it will make a VERY NICE car. I just have too many projects going to do an other project car. I wouldn't want to mess up an original car with all matching #'s. The engine and drive train for my Duster would destroy the value of such a RARE car. It needs to GO and I lowered the price $500 from $4,000. This much of a running/driving car that is this complete is well worth every penny of that. You can make me an offer to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back