1974 Duster 225 Starter

-
Reaction score
Hello,

Looking to buy a new starter since current one won’t crank. Where can I get an oem starter? Or upgraded starter. Or which one is best/ most reliable. Engine is slant 6 with no upgrades.

Send me links please!

Are you sure it's a problem with the starter? It would suck to go buy a replacement, pop it in and still have it not crank. Been there before.
Battery issues or cable corrosion problems come to mind

I have that exact 91 Dakota starter in my slant only because I conveniently had just bought a rotten 91 Dakota for parts the week before I got my /6 going. But it just ain't the same. I miss the Mopar sound haha... And those old starters weren't all bad. It's all we had for years and they worked fine in their day now didn't they?
With that said my son took a couple of old school Mopar starters into our local starter shop,and was told that they're starting to have a hard time getting some of the parts to rebuild those.
I have a couple of them myself that could use a refresh. Both of them need new Bendix drives. I might scout ebay to see what parts I can scout up for them.

I have that exact 91 Dakota starter in my slant only because I conveniently had just bought a rotten 91 Dakota for parts the week before I got my /6 going. But it just ain't the same. I miss the Mopar sound haha... And those old starters weren't all bad. It's all we had for years and they worked fine in their day now didn't they?
With that said my son took a couple of old school Mopar starters into our local starter shop,and was told that they're starting to have a hard time getting some of the parts to rebuild those.
I have a couple of them myself that could use a refresh. Both of them need new Bendix drives. I might scout ebay to see what parts I can scout up for them.
TV shows still use the old Mopar starter sounds when they dub in the sound of starting cars.... no matter what make they are!

-
Back