1974 Duster Rear Light Bezels

-

MLC Dodge

Reaction score
The bezels around my rear tailights are flaking. I found them at Dante's for $375/pr. They appear to be aluminum. Could these be media blasted or sanded and then painted black? I thing that would look better--and be less expensive.

Attachments

• DSCN3409.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 95
They are made out of pot metal. they can be painted and will look more modern. I chose to eliminate them.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo382.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 76
i detailed mine . i like the chrome perimeter. i took mine apart and taped over the inside lense and painted them black. then i painted the raised part siver. i painted the bezel black in the recess.

Attachments

• d353.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 107
73ABodEE, Nice job. So, the bezel if sanded will accept paint? I pulled one off and started sanding. I doubt I'll get it smooth, but I'm going to try anyway. I think the black might look good on my white car.

73ABodEE, Nice job. So, the bezel if sanded will accept paint? I pulled one off and started sanding. I doubt I'll get it smooth, but I'm going to try anyway. I think the black might look good on my white car.

so far so good, i painted the black back in march, and i drive the car everday and power wash it. i would sand all that is to be painted to give it something to grab onto. i used rustolieum Satin black trim and bumper paint. i think the entire bezel painted black looks cheesy myself. Andrews looks good because he deleted the bezels IMO

No worries and no offense. We all like different things which makes the world go around. I'm going to try your way and see what it looks like. I can always go back and paint them black completely. Thanks for the reply.

-
Back