1974 gold duster and PBR

-

bdusted440

Reaction score
So i was leaving the local bicycle store after getting some parts for my sons bmx bike and I get to the intersection and put my signal on. All the sudden they stop. so I wiggle the stalk up and back down thinking I must have tripped it. but NO I GET SMOKE. Coming out of the column and I freak. So I look at the fuses quick and start pulling them to kill the juice. So I get to the last one and pull it and still burning. So
I look closer and there is a glowing red piece of metal in there so I pry it out and the power is killed. turns out some one before me put a piece of pbr can into the fuse holder then put the fuse back in. SMH So now I need a new switch. Lesson of the story is check all the fuses and holders when you buy a new old car. lol Or it could go up in smoke.

On my car. 76 duster 4sp the reverse lite switch is in the same circuit as the turn signals. The reverse switch shorted and blew the fuse. Just a little help to get you headed in the right direction to figure out why the fuse was bypassed in the first place.

On my car. 76 duster 4sp the reverse lite switch is in the same circuit as the turn signals. The reverse switch shorted and blew the fuse. Just a little help to get you headed in the right direction to figure out why the fuse was bypassed in the first place.
Thanks. have the switch replaced hazards work fine now but the turn signals are very eratic and the fasten seat belt light flashes with them. worked fine before so I guess im looking for more damage. oh and I have brake lights now. lol

-
Back