[FOR SALE] 1974 Plymouth Duster project for sale, Tacoma, WA $2k PRICE DROP!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reed

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
***PRICE DROP*** Now asking $2k obo

THIS IS A PROJECT! It was a complete running car, but has been disassembled.
Pictures here: 1974 Plymouth Duster, Seattle WA $3k, negotiable - Slant Six Forum

1974 Duster main body with a Demon taillight panel and a 1968 Dart front end. Yes, the Dart front end bolted up with no problems. The Demon taillght panel fits fine, but needs to be redone. I welded it on bad.

This is a 1974 Duster that was built with a 225/904 combination, factory AC, power steering, manual brakes, and manual windshield washer fluid squirter. Column shift. Remote driver's side mirror. The car came from a dry climate, was factory undercoated to prevent rust, and had the factory AC with no vent holes in the bottom of the cowl. This means this is one of the most rust-free A bodies I have ever seen. The floors have a VERY light surface rust, but they are rock solid and need no welding. The rest of the body is also rust free after I patched the driver's rear quarterpanel behind the rear tire. The trunk floor has been sandblasted and coated with POR-15.

The good:

Upgraded to large bolt pattern factory disc brakes (new master cylinder)
upgraded to large bolt pattern 8 1/4 rear axle with 3.2 gears and a sure-grip
Upgraded to "340 bars" in the front torsion bars
Upgraded to heavy duty factory six leaf rear leaf springs from a 1974 360 Duster
New KYB gas-a-just shocks on all corners
New driveshaft cut and balanced to work with the 904/ 8.25 combination
Reinforced lower control arms (with sway bar tabs)
Rebuilt front end (all new rubber, tie rod ends, and ball joints, needs an alignment) upgraded to C body tie rod sleeves
Newer weatherstripping on the doors
Fresh rebuilt 1978 slant six 904 with 0 miles
95% of an original black interior for a Duster. Missing one door panel and the rest needs some regluing of the vinyl, but the hard plastic parts are all there
Chrysler Sebring bucket seats with the corect seatbelt power unit (need reupholstery)
Hard to find 1968 Dart fender top turn signal indicators
Extra 1968 only round side running lights
Both rear quarters were smoothed out by Maaco and are ready for cleaning and painting (rest of the car needs sanding and prep work after the taillight panel is repaired)
Comes with extra 1967 Dart fenders that need repair (but comes with repair panels for those fenders)
Extra fuel tank, door panels, and steering column from a 68 Dart
Fairly new medium green carpet comes with
Original running good condition engine comes with (I am guessing it has right around 100,000 miles, runs great)
New Spectre brand fuel tank
I can throw in some Super Six pieces for extra (manifold, carb, I think I have a kickdown)

The bad:

Basically needs all new interior. The plastic parts are all there and in good shape, but every cloth, vinyl, or fabric piece needs tobe replaced. Dash is cracked
Dashgauges don't really work
Needs repaint and minor bodywork. Lots of rock chips and parking lot dings, but nothing huge.
AC needs recharge and conversion (but is complete)
Car is partially disassembled. We were starting to get it ready for bodywork and painting so engine and trans are pulled
The taillight panel needs to be removed and properly fitted. This is my fault. I did it when my welding skills were basically nonexistent and I welded it on wrong. The Demon taillights don't fit. The taillight panel needs to be removed from the car, have the taillight mounting brackets welded in off the car so the panel will fit the taillights, then have that whole assembly reinstalled back in the car.
The rear 1/4s were hammered when we got the car, but I welded in some patches and we paid Maaco to smooth the panels out. They aren't perfect, but fine or a driver.
The 68 Dart front end pieces need some massaging and finishing. The guy I bought the fenders from had rolled the wheel opening lip over to make room for some tires. I roled them back and got them about 80% smoothed out, but they need finishing.
You will need to bring some tires and wheels since we are keeping the ones that are on it now.

I haven't found a new place to post photos since Photobucket went bad, but I am happy to send photos via email.

Overall, this car is a fine candidate for an easy project. All the hard parts have been found, the mechanical stuff is done, and the worst of the bodywork is also done (other than the tail panel). This is a perfect project for someone who is not afraid of body work and is looking for a good and fairly easy winter project.

Car is in Tacoma, WA. You will need a trailer and a truck bed or van to haul everythign away. It will take a while to empty everything out of both my garage and my storage unit. I will work with you on shipping, but I am hoping for a fast local sale.

Price? Well, that depends. I easily have over $6k in this, but I know I will never make anywhere near that much back. I am asking $2k obo. $2k will get you everything I have for it (except the Super Six stuff). Engine, rebuilt trans, all the interior stuff, everything. I know there are things I haven't listed above since I have been squirrelling away parts for this car for about ten years.

Price can go up or down depending on what you want. Don't want the engine or trans? No problem. Price goes down. Want some factory aluminum rims? I can probably throw those in with the full price. We can haggle. Waive enough cash in front of me and you might get a set of cop rims with near mint non-cop dog dish caps and trim rings. You get the idea.

Clean title, factory build sheet included. Send me a PM. Let's make a deal! Want to sell this quick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back