1974 Valiant Rear Leaf Springs (Canada)

-

Lonemonk

Reaction score
Having a ***** of a time finding reasonably priced rear springs in Canada. My local shop wants $245.00 each (includes shipping), and I phone the place that makes them and they want $350 each.

Found some reasonable priced ones on sites like ESPO and others, but once I added shipping we are right back to $600 in no time.

This particular car is my beater daily driver. Is there no off the shelf equivalent for this spring length?

Edit: I have been using peoples advice, and just for future reference did find XHD at dealership and the springs are $194.00CAN each. That is better than I have been quoted elsewhere, and no shipping. I will be looking into what it costs to Re-Arch them.

Last edited:
Walk into your local Chrysler dealer and order a set of XHD springs out of the Mopar Performance catalogue. They will order them in and won't charge you for shipping. That's what I did since shipping springs plus exchange rate was going to be quite expensive.

However, if this if your your beater/daily driver, why not just have your existing springs re-arched/bent to get you by?

Thanks, I will give that a try. With other items I have tried local Chrysler dealer on I had kinda given up on them.

I hadn't really thought of having them recurved, hasnt been something I've had done before. Do they add a leaf to them at that time or just add tension to it as is?

I had mine rearched and added a leaf. I can’t remember the price. Mine are the original /6 springs. I ditched the 6 and put in a 5.7 Hemi. Found out good shocks make a big difference. Was looking at 600 plus for hotchkis leafs or firm feel. Did some research and ended up with the same leafs.

-
Back