1975 Dart 1945 carb

-

Reaction score
I have one of these and I need to get instructions specifically for this carb it would seem.

I am assuming there is a service manual that would give me specific set-up procedures and tear down/re-build procedures.

Any chance anyone here might have a copy and would be willing to scan the pages. I am assuming there cant be many pages for this bit of info.

I have some info but I guess there were so many variations to this carb that their help is limited. Thanks

EDIT: Doing a search on-line I cant even find a factory specific manual for the 75 Dart. I see some Haynes manuals but if they are anything like the Chiltons I have than I will assume they will be useless for specifics.

If anyone on this site has hands on experience with this particular carb and would be willing to help me go thru it via e-mail and tell me the things I need to know too get this carb working properly than it would be greatly appreciated.

I have had a couple of guys on the slant forum helping me for some time and I cant keep asking them for their help with every little detail. They have their own cars to take care of.

My e-mail is [email protected] if you have the time. Thanks

Here is the service manual. Unfortunately, I'm no expert.

[ame="http://u225.torque.net/cars/SL6/docs/Holley_1945.pdf"]http://u225.torque.net/cars/SL6/docs/Holley_1945.pdf[/ame]

You may be more likely to get the help you need if you describe your problems in more detail. What is the car doing that leads you to believe the carb is the issue?

You may be more likely to get the help you need if you describe your problems in more detail. What is the car doing that leads you to believe the carb is the issue?
Ok your right, definitely the carb though, can anyone here tell me where the idle adjustment is made on this 1975 Dart 1945 carb.

Also what is curb idle, I also read high speed idle, what the heck are these adjustments and what do they do in relation to how the carb runs?

On some of the 1945 carbs I have the running idle ( is that the same as curb idle? ) is set by turning a screw on the rear of the plunger that kicks out a bit when the A/C is turned on.

In the manual ( link given for above ) for the 1945 the adjustment is made via a screw at the bottom of the carb that does not exist on any of my 1945 carbs.

So many different variations.

Attachments

• Picture 293.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 104
  • Picture 294.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Picture 299.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Picture 300.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 90
  • Picture 301.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 95
Here is supposedly the same carb on E-bay, notice that the plunger/solenoid is missing. Is the adjustment made by that screw that is about midway down?

Maybe its made by that screw on the backside, the one that is about the same level on the second picture?

Gotta be one of the two I guess.

Attachments

• E-bay carb.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Ebay carb two.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 115
  • adjustmentg screws.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 95
-
Back