1975 Dodge dart conversion???

-

75dartser

Reaction score
Hey i have a 1975 dodge dart sport 318, and i wanted to know if i could take the front clip off of a 1973 duster and replace it on mine??
thanks

i dont think you can the body lines on a duster are diffrent

it will bolt up and the duster doors are different not the front clip

im not to sure you may need to get the doors also

Not a big problem at all as far as the sheetmatal goes. You just have to use the entire clip, including grille, bezels, etc. Watch for clearance around the parking lights in the grille.

The biggest problem will be the bumper. '75 has the shock-absorber-type brackets while '73 has "normal" bumper brackets and they don't interchange without fabrication to the mounting points.

No difference between the doors on the exterior. I did hear that the glass doesn't interchange in some years because of the mounting arrangement in the glass. The door sheetmetal is even the same between Sports, Dusters, Scamps, Swingers, etc.

I've converted 2 Dusters into Dart Sports.

You're good to go. It'll all bolt up. The bumper is the main difference, but if you have the complete front clip, no probs.

You could allways put a 74-76 duster shock absorber bumper up front?

Yes,that would be an easy solution and avoid any fabrication. But he'd have to find and buy it off of another car. (Bumper & reinforcement and filler between it and the grille.)

-
Back