1975 dodge dart wheels and tires

-

vanleer mopars

Mopar or no car!
Reaction score
Hello Mopar World

I have recently purchased a 1975 dodge dart custom 4 door, 318 v8, and I was wondering does anyone know if I can upgrade the tires from stock 190 70 r14 to a bf goodrich 215 tire. The dart currently has 1975 stock wheels. Also does anyone know if cragar 15inch wheels can fit on a dart with proper fitting tires. I am just starting out on my restoration project and I want to know if I should try larger tires or just go with bigger rims and tires to give it that American Muscle look .

All info will be greatly appreciated

Thank you for your time
Van Leer

Hello Mopar World

I have recently purchased a 1975 dodge dart custom 4 door, 318 v8, and I was wondering does anyone know if I can upgrade the tires from stock 190 70 r14 to a bf goodrich 215 tire. The dart currently has 1975 stock wheels. Also does anyone know if cragar 15inch wheels can fit on a dart with proper fitting tires. I am just starting out on my restoration project and I want to know if I should try larger tires or just go with bigger rims and tires to give it that American Muscle look .

All info will be greatly appreciated

Thank you for your time
Van Leer

If you have the big bolt pattern your choices are wide open. If your car had drum brakes all the way around you would have the small bolt pattern and there are a lot less options.

Thanks for the info,
This is my first classic I am starting on, and how do you tell if you have big bolt vs small bolt?

If you have the big bolt pattern your choices are wide open. If your car had drum brakes all the way around you would have the small bolt pattern and there are a lot less options.

Thanks for the info,
This is my first classic I am starting on, and how do you tell if you have big bolt vs small bolt?

See my first post that is now lighlighted in red.

By the way Welcome to the FABO family!!!!

measure it .....and WELCOME couldnt resist Bill lol

Attachments

• bolt pattern.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 922
Oooh I see now, sorry its a little early out here in Arizona, and brain just aint workin yet.
Thanks again for your help ill pop the wheels of as soon as rain stops

Van Leer

Oooh I see now, sorry its a little early out here in Arizona, and brain just aint workin yet.
Thanks again for your help ill pop the wheels of as soon as rain stops

Van Leer

Just look behind one of the front wheels because there is no reason to take one off. There will either see a caliper or a backing plate. If you don't know the difference follow the rubber brake hose and see what it hooks up to on the wheel side.

I currently have 225-60-R15 on front and 225-70-R15 on back. So you would have no problem puttin 215's all round.

I plan on changin my rears to 245-70's or 255-70's which means you need a 4.25 backspace

Alright rain finally stopped, and I was able to check. It has disk brakes in the front, so my options I take it are pretty good. Thanks again for everyone’s help. Now I have to decide rather to pursue some Cragar Wheels or stick with originals and get a larger tire. I’ll see which way would be cheaper, I have to check craigslist or see if anyone has a set of four Cragar 15’s for sale.

Thanks
Van Leer

OK since we have some PRO' here. I pick up my 69 GTS on Saturday. Has Discs up front but drums in the rear. So what are my options re rims and tires. Oh and are radials generally out?

what do you mean? just measure the pattern. chances are good you are going to have a 5 x 4 pattern

if you are driving this car on a regular basis, you are going to want nothing but radials

and welcome to the site

OK since we have some PRO' here. I pick up my 69 GTS on Saturday. Has Discs up front but drums in the rear. So what are my options re rims and tires. Oh and are radials generally out?

Thx in advance. I will have other questions.

Here is the car.

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/classic-car/1969-Dodge-Dart-737103.xhtml?conversationId=57744

Disc brakes only indicate BBP on 73 and newer A bodies. 72 back could have disc brakes and if they are factory to the car they will be sbp every time. Radials are on every car I have and that is about all you can buy unless you want to pay the price for the original reproduction redlines that your car might have came out with.

OKDA,

So small bolt pattern means less options. So lets say I upgrade the spindles and put aftermarket disc brakes all around. Then my options increase correct?

OKDA,

So small bolt pattern means less options. So lets say I upgrade the spindles and put aftermarket disc brakes all around. Then my options increase correct?

Yes. I looked at your link and it does have the 8 3/4. If you have to go out and buy the parts and do the work yourself it will cost you in the $1000 ball park unless you get real lucky. The seller doesn't give decent details on the car so are you sure it hasn't already been converted. Have you ran the numbers and made sure that this is a real GTS car? Does it have a fender tag and have you had it decoded? You need to check the engine also to make sure it is correct. In my opinon $17,500 is a lot of money and this car needs to be correct. Hint... The engine is the wrong color for a 1969 according to the link below.
http://www.turbinecar.com/misc/enginecolor.htm

Hey guys i have a similar question to the first one, i have a 75 Valiant Duster YES valiant duster, its from mexico, it has the front of a dart sport but back of a duster, this is how they were made over there and i need help with finding rims for it. Its a 225 out of the factory automatic .i dont know if its small bolt or big.

-
Back