1975 duster

-

Johnny71dusty

Reaction score
Did 1975 A body's have a 4 speed option that wasn't the over drive ?

Some is trying to sell me another a body trans and shifter for a 75 duster but says it's not over drive . Didn't know that was a thing , can anyone confirm ?

i purchased one 5 years ago, not sure if it was late 74 or early 75, it is a true 4 speed but has a 3.09 first gear and the large front bearing, and not the aluminum case.

what were the adds with the drawn yellow Duster (or was it a Dart Sport?) that advertised 318, 4-speed and 2.94 gear? Was that the OD box or 3.09 version with std. 4th gear?

I'm pretty sure that the engine size would have an affect on the transmission options. A 360 was available through 1976, but I can't imagine a 3.09 low gear and/or O.D. with it. It wouldn't surprise me if 318's were the same, leaving just the /6.

The Dart Sport 318 4speed cars were not OD. We had several at the dealership during the 1974-75 era.
I no longer have my book on the 73-76 cars. I'm sure it was possible to have a OD V8 car back then.
I had books on all these options and gave them all away years ago.

I had a 75 and 76 cars here we stripped were OD's. There were some aluminum main housing OD. I also have and all aluminum OD here. The V8's took the 30 spline output the six's took the 26 spline All 75-76 a-body transmissions were OD's. You may have a 74 360 4bbl trans. An easy way to tell if it is in the car is the linkage on 833's all face up. First picture. The second picture OD, The front one 3rd and 4th faces down. The pictures are all the same trans just different shifters for reference.

DSCN0186[1].JPG

DSCN0190[1] (2).JPG

One od unit I have now is not a aluminum case.

Now I'm worried that one won't with with slant 6 either

Yes, in 1975 there were some regular A-body 4-speeds. They had 3.09 low gear, used a 307 front bearing, and 5.125 retainer with the "overdrive" bellhousing. I have had quite a few over the years.

Yes, in 1975 there were some regular A-body 4-speeds. They had 3.09 low gear, used a 307 front bearing, and 5.125 retainer with the "overdrive" bellhousing. I have had quite a few over the years.
Thanks Dan I emailed you today lol

The Dart Sport 318 4speed cars were not OD. We had several at the dealership during the 1974-75 era.
I see I got a RED X on this. I would like to know why.
Maybe I should have said not ALL were OD. Maybe I needed to add the 1973 Dart Sport.
It would be nice to know,and have a explanation when a RED X is given.
I may be incorrect but lived these cars while working at the Dodge dealer.

I feel your pain. But u can never say never with mopsr. There is so many 1 of things that some have possibly not been found yet. So with ma mopsr u possibly can never ever be correct. Kim

-
Back