Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am selling a 1975 Valiant 4dr. Here are the details:
>slant 6, auto, power steering, front manual disk brakes, factory air;
>about 85K original miles;
>very very low rust; I think the original owner garaged it by the way it looks;
>A/C needs a compressor and refurbishing - all original parts are intact;
>I've owned it for about 6 years and it has been my daily driver for most of it;
>almost new tires, ball joints, shocks, brake calipers, pads flex brake lines;
>other work done since I've owned it - water pump, recent tune up, exhaust;

The car is registered in NYS and inspection is up to date.

Only reason I am selling it is because I need a car that is more safe and comfortable for transporting a full carload of people, whereas I was the sole occupant when using it as my daily driver.

Other details - other than a few rips in the driver side seat bottom, the interior is almost immaculate.

See pic for details. Note: pictures were taken a few years ago after a fresh wash and wax. The car has aged a bit since then; however, very very little additional rusting has occurred in the time since; the paint is still good, the vinyl top still has NO rips, the dashboard still has no cracks and the car still looks about the same; otherwise I would not use them. I have taken good care of this car.

I am asking $1,800 for this car, but I am a motivated seller because I have already purchased the car's replacement and want to get this car off my insurance.

I accept cash.

I am located in south Nassau county, Long Island, NYS.

This car is a bargain. Please make me an offer. Thank you.

Attachments

• DCP_1803.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 623
  • DCP_1835.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 626
  • DCP_1824.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 644
  • DCP_1823.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 607
  • DCP_1810.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 598
  • DCP_1809.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 630
I promised more photos but forgot to bring them to work with me - sorry.

I am dropping the price to $1500 OBO. Don't be afraid to bargain with me - not only do I enjoy it and don't take offense easily, but I really need to register the replacement vehicle and sell this one to do it. Thanks,

I really need to sell this car. How about $1350 ?

Can't believe no one has bought this car yet. Do you have pictures of the rear 1/4's?? Please post them.

Thanks,
Gerry

I would like to buy this car but need to talk it over with the boss. I need a good daily driver that is good on gas, the 4-doors is perfect too. I also have to consider the price of a plane ticket and see if the budget allows it. Would it make a trip to Minnesota?

PM sent

Can't believe no one has bought this car yet. Do you have pictures of the rear 1/4's?? Please post them.

Thanks,
Gerry

Best offer I've got is $1K. I will take $1K for the first person to pick it up.

I will see if I can post more pix tonight. Thanks,

I would like to buy this car but need to talk it over with the boss. I need a good daily driver that is good on gas, the 4-doors is perfect too. I also have to consider the price of a plane ticket and see if the budget allows it. Would it make a trip to Minnesota?

PM sent

I believe it would, but I can't promise that. All I can tell you is that I put between 2.5K and 4K miles on it a year in stop and go traffic for about the least six years and it has not failed me yet. But what your comfort level is in that is up to you.

Oh great ... now it looks like I scared everyone off cause they think there's something wrong with it. No! it's just that I have the replacement and this is now the odd car out, as I only have room for three cars and this is now #4, plus I want to register the replacement and cut off one of the insurances.

Keep the faith, bro -- eventually you will find a buyer. You've got a nice car at a good price; it's a terrific deal for the right buyer. This is a tough time to be selling a special-interest car at any price level. I'll put a link to this thread over on the Slant-6 board to increase your audience.

Oh great ... now it looks like I scared everyone off cause they think there's something wrong with it. No! it's just that I have the replacement and this is now the odd car out, as I only have room for three cars and this is now #4, plus I want to register the replacement and cut off one of the insurances.

I'm not scared off...the boss will be home soon and hopefully I will let you know

Good luck with the sale. If you were within a couple hundred miles of me I would be there tonight. That is a great deal for a nice fun DD and errand runner.

If I had an effective way to get it and drive it home, I'd own it by now. (I don't have time to get it and probably can't afford to ship it.)

Good luck with it!

I told my youngest son about the car and as he's been looking for a car, he's very interested in the car. I just emailed him a link.

more photos please: interior and rear quarters.

More pix - these are, as stated before a few years old but the rust has not gotten appreciably worse here on LI; the interior has only gotten a few rips on the drivers side seat bottom; the dash and rest of interior are as they appear in pix.

Some pix ... The rear quarter started a little bit more rust so about 4 years ago I cleaned out the soft stuff and por15 on it - pretty much stopped it.

Attachments

• DCP_1828.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 387
  • DCP_1827.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 355
  • DCP_1826.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 377
  • DCP_1825.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 384
  • DCP_1821.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 368
  • DCP_1819.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 382
  • DCP_1818.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 372
  • DCP_1815.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 387
  • DCP_1805.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 381
  • DCP_1802.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 391
Just some interior ...

Btw ... getting off PC now - probably for the day. If you have any serious interest PM me and tomorrow, if I can, I will re-check. Those who already PM'd me I have PM'd back my phone# - call me instead, if you like.

Thanks to all those who encouraged me on and expressed appreciation for the car!

Also, please know that this is not so easy for me since the car has been pretty good to me and I will part with it with mixed feelings ... I know many of you can also appreciate that. BFN,

Attachments

• DCP_1837.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 383
  • DCP_1833.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 377
  • DCP_1832.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 383
Just took these pix about 20-25 minutes ago.

Notice that the wheel covers are different. Fear not - I have the others too and they will go with the car unless not wanted.

Attachments

• DCP_3713.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 322
  • DCP_3712.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 311
  • DCP_3711.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 312
  • DCP_3710.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 316
  • DCP_3709.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 329
  • DCP_3708.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 322
  • DCP_3707.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 319
  • DCP_3706.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 320
  • DCP_3705.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 322
  • DCP_3714.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 314
And being a post-1973 New York car, it's got the state-mandated backglass defogger grid as factory equipment, complete with heavy-duty charging circuitry and 65A alternator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back