1976 duster resto

-
That is a hard forum to read..

You car loks great..I assume it is the red one..

What size rims/tires is on it on page 3 ?

Did yopu have to tub it out ?

Thanks
ian.

no that was someone else mine is painted yet. you are right that is too hard to read. i will make a slideshow of all the pics later. thanks

well heres some more info. i got the car at 13. i am now 16. have had the car 2 1/2 years. didnt start the resto until june of this year but its going fast and paint is coming up soon. me and my dad have done all the work. Thankfully he knows how to do body work and has done it for years otherwise id be lost. the slideshow goes all the way from just getting it until today (all in order of the work)
i hope you enjoy it an ill keep adding pics as the car moves on. also looking for parts sponsors;) thanks
just click on this pick to start show....

a little more info. have greg weld rims, 4.10 gears 8.8 ford rear end. 360 magnum motor but looking to sell because i have a 440 to build if i can sell the magnum. car will be viper red with white stripes. hopefully will be a nice bracket car. working on the car has been great and all the money i make at work goes into it. i have bought many parts. Basically the only major things i still need to buy is caltrac pieces and interior pieces as well as 440 parts if i can sell the magnum. anyone wanna donate or sponsor. lol;) anyway hope you enjor the pics

Our '75 is the same colour..still trying to figure out rear rim / tire package..we are going to a 360..ours will be for street only.

Ian.

the rim i have on there is an 8 inch with 5.5 backspacing. right now it hits the leaf spring. once the springs are moved in 3 inch and the cars mini tubed it should fit fine with a 295 drag radial or even a little bit bigger. as you can see the mini tub is about half way done on my car now

hey man i checked out your build thread on sbp and those tubs are lookin good! your gonna love the meat you can stick under there! quite a bit of work but definatly worth it!

stripped inner tubs/outer
1211092051.jpg

1211092051a.jpg

1211092059.jpg

framerail
1211092100.jpg

cutting quarters
1209091908.jpg

1211092102.jpg

those were todays updates. the slideshow covered everything else so far so ill just post new pics as i take them.

-
Back