1976 Feather Duster for sale

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not interested in the car, but I am curious about the story on the taillight panel/bezels across the back. I've always been under the impression that they were used on 1975 only models. Dart Sports had their own version. Feather Dusters and Dart Lites were a 1976-only option and used the regular taillight bezels.

At least it's a 4 speed. I don't understand the point of a feather duster auto. The overdrive makes these cars get amazing mileage for their age. The autos are nothing special.

I like these!.....even though I'm no big fan of the '73~'76's. Agreed about the 4-speed only too. I'd love to have this as my daily driver. Too bad the tin worm seems to have sunk its claws in already.

I'm not interested in the car, but I am curious about the story on the taillight panel/bezels across the back. I've always been under the impression that they were used on 1975 only models. Dart Sports had their own version. Feather Dusters and Dart Lites were a 1976-only option and used the regular taillight bezels.
Hey Myron,
How you doin? It was optional on all 75 and 76 Dart Sports and Dusters

Hey Myron,
How you doin? It was optional on all 75 and 76 Dart Sports and Dusters

Hi! Ok, I suppose. Hanging in there.

I've heard of people installing the tailpanel/taillight bezels on other years as a personal preference, including myself, and I've seen other "claim" theirs as a '76. But I've never seen any documentation as it being an option or part of an option package in 1976. If & when I have some time, I'll have to do some more research or perhaps someone may have more info to share. This may be the start of another thread like "the great twin snorkel hood debate" about if it was available OEM on any Dusters, or Dart Sports after '74! (There was never any documented proof that it was.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back