Status
Not open for further replies.

MOPARJ

What can I upgrade now?
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
This is a 76 Valiant that I picked up last year. It has high miles, not sure how many. It has a non a/c, no smog pump equipped 225 slant six. The motor was rebuilt in 93 and had less than 30,000 on it since. It runs good. It has a RV cam installed in it for a bit more low end torque. The carb probably needs to be replaced, as its a bit hesitant at times, but usually ok. New alternator and voltage regulator, recent tune up, ect. Oil is clean, even at 3,000 miles on oil. The motor must be clean inside. The motor has very little grease on its exterior. The trans is a four speed, I would imagine a 833 OD. I really only need to use 4th gear on the hwy, as it turns about 1,400 rpm at 60 mph. In that gear at that speed, 25 mpg is no problem. The clutch functions ok and the gears engage ok. The rear is the ubiquious 7 1/4, although, with miles on it, holds up very nicely. I have gear oil and a gasket with the car. The interior is the only real downfall, as the front seat needs to be either replaced or totally redone. It is a bench, so buckets may be a way to go. The back seat is in decent shape. Carpet needs replacing, especially drivers side. No cancerous rust in floor, but some surface. The gauges all work, but the gauge lights are inoperable and the outside of the bezel had had its chrome edging broken off. The speedo works somewhat when warm, but not accurately. The cable needs replacing. If this is to be a street car, I would recommend replacing the cluster or restoring the original. There is also no radio. The glass is all non cracked, although aged. The paint is more of a forest green color and with a good wax job, a lot of the oxidation would be eliminated. It looks decent as is. Some of the paint is chipping off on the hard plastic section crease area betweem the back bumper and the tail section of the car. The quarters have a few minor bubles, and there is a small rust hole just below the right side door crease on the passenger side. Its not horrendous and could probably be doctored with some bondo (sigh....) Other than that, the body is straight. The tires are 50% worn and have factory hub caps on the wheels. The car does have a cat converter. The door locks work, but keys need to be made to match the locks. All outside lights work, along with brake lights. Brakes ok, but there is vibration on left side under hard braking at high speed, most likely a bad rotor. All and all, this would be a good commuter or economy mopar, with its six motor and manual trans, or good basis for race vehicle, or engine swap outside CA, or in CA under certain circumstances. Title is available and current. Will provide smog papers after sale. I have found this car fun to drive with its 4 speed and would be better with some minor improvements. Located in Camarillo, California, 50 miles wnw of LA. PM me or call at 805-822-7187 with any questions. Sorry, my home cpu is down and I cannot get the photos onto my work cpu. Sorry. Anyone is welcome to come look at the car.Thanks. $1,500 obo.

-Justin

This car is back for sale and a few improvements have been made. The gauge cluster has been rebuilt by Redline Gauges and lights are bright and all gauges look good and work awesome. The cluster itself looks great and has been repaired with no broken sections.

The front split bench has been re padded in green and recovered. Looks great and feels wonmderful. Newly registered.

Due to the improvements, price has gone up to $2000 ovbo. Sorry, no photos due to lack of functioning digital camera at the moment. Pick up only, local sale. Call or PM me if you would like to view the car in Ventura, Ca. Clean CA title.

So the car is a Valiant and not a Duster. Is the Valiant a 2 door or 4 door?

Pics would really help. You mentioned you had pics the first time you posted it (9/07) but your computer was down. Can you post those original pics? Otherwise, I would just borrow a digital camera from someone if yours isn't working right now. Good luck with it.

So the car is a Valiant and not a Duster. Is the Valiant a 2 door or 4 door?

Its a Valiant, two door. I mentioned Duster to give some who would be unsure of what it looks like an idea, since it looks close to it, except for no Duster badging.

Hey J,

So it should be a Scamp, IIRC.

VH23 starting VIN??? that's a Scamp

Hey J,

So it should be a Scamp, IIRC.

VH23 starting VIN??? that's a Scamp

Could be, haven't checked the VIN. Never really thought of it, as there is no badging or holes to mount badging. It looks just as a Duster would, not like a Dart in any way, so I kinda doubt it.

If its a 2 door Plymouth its a Scamp not a Valiant

Very well could be I guess, but there is no badging. I have always thought of Scamps being Plymouths with Valiant/Duster fronts and Dart rears, while Demons were Dart fronts and Duster rears.

Very well could be I guess, but there is no badging. I have always thought of Scamps being Plymouths with Valiant/Duster fronts and Dart rears, while Demons were Dart fronts and Duster rears.

Yes they are Darts with a Duster front clip.

76 Valiant
48.jpg

76 Scamp
scamp1.jpg

76 Duster
76duster_fds.jpg

If it's a fastback style (nova for the chevy challenged :thebirdm:) it's a Duster.

I think that's why many are confused. There's the Dart style xx23 (scamp) then the Duster/Demon/Dart Sport style xx29 for the first four of the VIN.

Sounds like you have a Duster.

I may have confused you... A Scamp is a model in the Valiant line, just like a Duster. HTH

If it's a fastback style (nova for the chevy challenged :thebirdm:) it's a Duster.

I think that's why many are confused. There's the Dart style xx23 (scamp) then the Duster/Demon/Dart Sport style xx29 for the first four of the VIN.

Sounds like you have a Duster.

I may have confused you... A Scamp is a model in the Valiant line, just like a Duster. HTH

No Rob, you are right...it is a Duster....looks identical to the pic provided, well, relatively speaking, condition wise is much better (hope that isnt yours, if so, I am not making fun of it).

Just never thought of it as a Dustball, as it never had badging, and it was a driver, so I didnt run numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back