1977 cougar info help...I know its not a dodge

-

mrtires24

Reaction score
I know, its not a dodge...lets see how long this post will last.

I got this car for free. My plans are to use it in Hit-to-pass racing so the car is going to get wrecked. The problem is that this car might be rare, and I don't know it. The options that it has are... BB motor, Auto, ford 9 inch rear, 2 dr, sun roof ( stock) electric windows. This car is in really good condition. I won't have any problem smashing this thing up. But I would rather save it, and sell it to someone if it is rare. I would Hate to see some rare mopars getting smashed up. If It was a dodge, I would know how to find outtheoptions it has, and if it is rare or worth something. but because it is a ford, i have no clue. I was told its a 400 BB, and its a 1977 cougar XR7.

Any help would be great.

Phil

How would you feel if you gave someone something and they took it out and smashed it for grins and giggles?

just a question

The 400 is a tall 351M, It's not a Big Block but it does have a big block bolt pattern and a C-6 tranny. Not rare at all. Neither is the fact that it has a 9" rear. Almost all Ford sedans of the era had 'em. Check for rear disk brakes, that would be desireable but only in a parts value sense.

How would you feel if you gave someone something and they took it out and smashed it for grins and giggles?

just a question

I see what you ae getting at...I do Free scrap car removal...this thing was goin to the crusher if they didn't call me.

Different senerio if I was given a car from a freind, I would tell them what my intentions would be. I wouldn't give anyone a car if I didn't know there plans for it.

I'm not that kind of guy that would rip off someone for giving me a car as a gift..this is business, they don't want the car...and they wanted it gone now...and I was the guy they called.

I got a 1999 windstar befor christmas with nothing wrong except front braks. and a 1989 4x4 f 150 ,again needs front brakes. We live in a disposable word. its amazing what people through out.

Allllllrightie then. I was just wonderin and you cleared that up nicely:-D

-
Back