1978 Cordoba rotors?

-
Hi, are -78 Gordoba rotors always 11,75? Im ordering rotors from rockauto and cant find the info on the ones im looking. Any help...? These are the ones I was looking at https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6162318&cc=1062717&jsn=541&jsn=541

I'm assuming you're trying to upgrade from the A-body 10.87" rotors? If so you'll also need the taller caliper brackets so the calipers will fit properly, in case you didn't already know... FWIW I plan to do the same to my '70 Duster (has '73-up BBP brakes) at some point.

I did this on my 71 Dart. Don't get the Raybestos 7038R rotors, they've got problems
Raybestos 11.75" / 7038R = junk?! | Moparts Question and Answer | Moparts Forums

Good catch, I'll have to remember that!

Also I'm not a big fan of slotted/drilled rotors, I bought a set of Raybestos R300 slotted rotors for my Jeep and they didn't last a couple years before destroying the brake pads and also ended up glazing pretty bad (isn't the point of slots to reduce heat so that doesn't happen? lol). Maybe it was just a Raybestos thing but regardless I'm hesitant to put slotted rotors on any of my vehicles again.

Good catch, I'll have to remember that!

Also I'm not a big fan of slotted/drilled rotors, I bought a set of Raybestos R300 slotted rotors for my Jeep and they didn't last a couple years before destroying the brake pads and also ended up glazing pretty bad (isn't the point of slots to reduce heat so that doesn't happen? lol). Maybe it was just a Raybestos thing but regardless I'm hesitant to put slotted rotors on any of my vehicles again.
I have several police Intrepids, which came from the factory with drilled and slotted front disks. Never had a problem with them, other than some noise braking on this one long steep hill near my house. They all did however come with ducted air to cool the front brakes

76-79 Cordoba's all had 11 3/4 inch diameter rotors.
Thanks!!

I'm assuming you're trying to upgrade from the A-body 10.87" rotors? If so you'll also need the taller caliper brackets so the calipers will fit properly, in case you didn't already know... FWIW I plan to do the same to my '70 Duster (has '73-up BBP brakes) at some point.
Thats what im doing, I got the brackets from ebay.

Any experience of Power Stop brake rotors?? Never heard of and i was wondering are they any good...

-
Back