-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ESP47

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
1978 Dodge D100 stepside Dodge truck has a 225 slant 6 w/2bbl super six and a three on the column transmission. Comes with power disc brakes and power steering. Interior is in good shape and has been painted. The interior has new floor pans and they're painted with POR 15. Carpet is new and dash and door panels have been nicely painted. Seat is not ripped either. The only problem is there are a couple small cracks on the glove box door. Exterior is in great shape with fresh paint. Only problem with the ext are a few dimples on the tail gate. Has original california blue plates. The engine runs great and passed smog easily in September. There isn't much to it and no Lean Burn junk, so passing smog is a breeze with this truck. I have the smog sheet so you can see how clean it runs. I rebuilt the Carter BBD carb and replaced the fuel pump. Has an electronic ignition and good battery. Truck is super clean underneath and has no frame rust or anything like that. Wood in the bed is good as well.

I have a lot of documentation on work done to the truck from the previous owner. Some of the work has been a new wiper motor, shifter bushings were done on the column so its nice and tight, heater cables and heater valve replaced, window regulator replaced and a clutch/pressure plate put in with the flywheel resurfaced. Also the sending unit has been replaced and the brakes are solid. Safelite put a windshield in, so if it ever leaks you can take it back to them.

If you want to swap the transmission I can give you a 727 that'll bolt to the engine for free. It worked the last time I used it. I have a 4 speed OD setup for extra cash if you're interested. I also have a nice extra set of "100" emblems and maybe a couple other odds and ends I'm forgetting. I'm asking $2500 OBO for the truck. . I'm selling because I found a beater truck that better suits my needs. I'd rather beat this other truck up than the 78. It's too nice to use as a work truck. You won't find many in better condition than this one. I have the pink slip and it's registered/insured so there are no back fees or surprises there.

(btw - I know it says 200 on the fender. The fender was replaced by the previous owner and for some reason they put the 200 emblem back on there. Either way its not a 3/4 ton)

Picture285.jpg

Picture280.jpg

Picture286.jpg

Picture282.jpg

Picture281.jpg

Picture287.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

Haha sleeperscamp! Thanks for the compliments guys.

f8valiant - yeah its a smog pump. The heat tubing is also going from the air cleaner down to....well nothing. I took that pic when I first got the truck so thats since been removed.

Did you polish the front grille or ???? I so wish I could get mine that shiny..

Did you polish the front grille or ???? I so wish I could get mine that shiny..

I bought it that way. I had plans to take it off and polish, straighten and repaint it but I found an 84 D100 that I'm going to go with instead. It's already all beat up and I didn't want to worry about messing the 78 up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back