1978 Plymouth volare, another one for the collection

-

Penstarpurist

Reaction score
A good buddy of mine had seen a Volare sitting in a guys driveway for quite a while and said as he was driving home a couple weeks ago he saw it finally had a for sale sign in the window. He stopped and checked it out, bought it for like $300, a running driving car with a /6. It ended up needing a new radiator, so he put a brand new one in it. Then he realized that he really wanted a wagoneer project that I had actually gotten from him last year. I wasn't going to get to the wagoneer anytime soon, so a trade was made. My son likes the look of the volare, he's got a soft spot for 4 door cars. Its a former BLM car, even has a dash plate from the BLM fleet. Not sure what to do with it, lol, maybe keep it as loaner car for friends and family. It's got some mild cancer in the quarter panels and around the taillights. Nothing too bad, probably just ospo it and leave it for now.
IMG_0185.jpg

get a whip antenna and some squirrel chassers and turn it into a cop car :)

get a whip antenna and some squirrel chassers and turn it into a cop car :)
Lol, that would be fun. It does have an old antenna mount on the passenger side of the rear of the car. Here's a pic of the dash plaque. Even says U.S property on it.
20200601_151809.jpg

I bought one new in 76 and many years later picked up a 80 wagon at Carlisle and drove it back to Nevada. I always liked the "F" body cars. Does it have A/C ?

If you need parts give me a holler. I parted out the same car a while ago and have several big Rubbermaids full of stuff that needs a new home.

No, no A/c. But I've got a couple complete /6 engines with all the parts and the under dash vents.

I'll be sending you a p.m with a few items I will be needing for sure.
If you need parts give me a holler. I parted out the same car a while ago and have several big Rubbermaids full of stuff that needs a new home.

-
Back