1979 D300 short?

-

tfinley

Reaction score
View attachment IMG_1693_resized(2).jpg I just finished my old shop truck. Last night while driving with the lights on the truck just died, lost everything lights, radio ect. Then It would not start. I let it sit for 20 minutes then it started. Drove another 10 minutes and it done it again. I looked for a bad ground and could not find anything.:violent1:

Sounds like circuit breaker but I'm not sure if those had breakers?

you running a gel cell battery? i had THREE AGM batterys crap out on me similar to what you have going on. they would lose a cell whenever they felt like it. i could literally hook up my volt meter to the posts, car off, read 10.1, hit the key, watch it tank to 8.5ish volts, fire up, (because i have MSD ignition in my rigs and it works to approx 7 volts) and then watch the voltage jump to 13.2-14.4, shut the rig off, and then read 12.4 volts, and be happy as a clam for days. it was the wierdest damn thing i ever saw. and all three would do this intermittently. does your truck still have the factory ammeter? ive never heard of one crapping out, then magically functioning again but i guess anythings possible.....

The truck has no breakers and The ammeter is original. The battery is new. I will check the voltage regulator tomorrow.

-
Back