Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstock RR

SuperStockRacer
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1979 Plymouth T-TOP Duster.. BEAUTIFUL.. VERY RARE..LOW MILES..SHOWROOM CONDITION..MULTIPLE AWARD WINNING AND PRO-STREET!! What you're looking at is one of the FINEST,if not THE FINEST E-58 F-Body T-Top Duster in existence! 1979 Duster Pro-Street with 25700 actual miles(41400km).. New E-58 L code 360 4-bbl that has been mildly modified to a very streetable 400+ hp with all of the best parts. New 727 Torqueflite w/ Cheetah reverse manual valve body, a 3500 B&M stall converter, a B&M shifter and oversize trans cooler..New narrowed 8 3/4 with 3.91 sure-grip diff. and Strange pro-street axles. The rear is sitting on a custom adjustable 4-link set up w/leaf springs..Sub-frame is professionaly tied. This car has been garaged and babied all of its life..The body is 100% rust free and laser straight. The doors and windows operate smoother than new..The interior, glass, T-tops and all weather stripping etc.is the same as showroom fresh.The car is just truly immaculate inside and out..NO DISAPPOINTMENTS!!
Car is located just outside Boise in Eagle Idaho. Call 208-965-0664 for more details

Price is $14500 or would consider selling less engine and trans for $12K

About the only thing it could use(besides a new owner)is a nice set of headers..the current ones function fine but just look so-so. Would consider trade for a nice stock 03-06 Jeep Rubicon or a like condition 76-77 Roadrunner

79 Pro-Street.jpg

DSC02034.jpg

DSC02001.jpg

DSC02028.jpg

DSC02026.jpg

DSC02004.jpg

Thats a really cool ride, I don't really understand why you would consider giving the option of selling minus engine and tranny though if you went through all that detail about how rare it is? I'm not at all saying this in a negative form, I'm just curious?

Thats a really cool ride, I don't really understand why you would consider giving the option of selling minus engine and tranny though if you went through all that detail about how rare it is? I'm not at all saying this in a negative form, I'm just curious?

Thanks Mike,
Primarly because cubic inches is the rage(not to mention fast)and since the car has already been pro-streeted and is non-original..and also since the chassis is set up for it,a 500+ cu in wedge with a polished 6-71 would just make it that much nicer. And I could use a fresh engine for my wifes race car! :)

What a nicely done street machine......just beautiful. Good luck with the sale 8)

aaaahhhh keep it, you will regret it....in 3 yrs you won't even remember what you spent the money on LOL...not that i have done that.....Nice ride....i want to see the engine.....

Thanks guys..starting a new race car project and I need the room its taking up in my shop.

Man what an awesome car. Sure brings back memeries of my Dodge Aspen Super Coupe that I bought brand new from the local dealer.

99% sure I have done business with this gentleman. Trust me, he is meticulous, and it is at least as nice as he says.

He was easy to deal with and did what he said he would.

Good luck with the sale and nice car.

ROB

99% sure I have done business with this gentleman. Trust me, he is meticulous, and it is at least as nice as he says.

He was easy to deal with and did what he said he would.

Good luck with the sale and nice car.

ROB

Thanks Rob(and everybody else)..It truly is one of those cars that you have to see to appreciate! It is everything and then some that you see in the pics. Oh and by the way, I didn't build it..I did enhance it some,but the credit goes to the previous owner and his love of detail.
Not everybody is an F-body fan and I get that(I own a SuperStock 76 Roadrunner and several others:)),and even the color may not be the most desireable, but it does draw alot of attention at the shows because of its uniqueness and downright clean qualities. I will also ad that this car is not just a trailer queen..I drove it 15 miles from my house and raced it to a first place finish in the Mopar Street category in Colorado and it won best of Mopar Street show(semi-finals racing) last year in Boise. Its not a light car at 3600lbs (and not the fastest)but it will run consistent mid 12's in good air with the 360 and cruise all evening long around town after the races with no problem at all. :)

Pro-Street Awards 004.jpg

Now if I could just convince barnfindcuda that he needs this Pro-Streeter sitting next to that nice TA and I'll give his 76RR a nice home....but I'm afraid that wouldn't fix his tax woes..:) Very nice 76 barnfindcuda!

1979 Plymouth T-TOP Duster.. BEAUTIFUL.. VERY RARE..LOW MILES..SHOWROOM CONDITION..MULTIPLE AWARD WINNING AND PRO-STREET!! What you're looking at is one of the FINEST,if not THE FINEST E-58 F-Body T-Top Duster in existence! 1979 Duster Pro-Street with 25700 actual miles(41400km).. New E-58 L code 360 4-bbl that has been mildly modified to a very streetable 400+ hp with all of the best parts. New 727 Torqueflite w/ Cheetah reverse manual valve body, a 3500 B&M stall converter, a B&M shifter and oversize trans cooler..New narrowed 8 3/4 with 3.91 sure-grip diff. and Strange pro-street axles. The rear is sitting on a custom adjustable 4-link set up w/leaf springs..Sub-frame is professionaly tied. This car has been garaged and babied all of its life..The body is 100% rust free and laser straight. The doors and windows operate smoother than new..The interior, glass, T-tops and all weather stripping etc.is the same as showroom fresh.The car is just truly immaculate inside and out..NO DISAPPOINTMENTS!!
Car is located just outside Boise in Eagle Idaho. Call 208-965-0664 for more details

Price is $14500 or would consider selling less engine and trans for $12K

About the only thing it could use(besides a new owner)is a nice set of headers..the current ones function fine but just look so-so. Would consider trade for a nice stock 03-06 Jeep Rubicon or a like condition 76-77 Roadrunner
Hi Gordon

I have some questions... No Doube one of the finest F Body Dusters around...

Is the Paint original or a Repaint? Reason I ask is Duster package for 1979 came with tail strobe standard but could be deleted by paying Mopar extra money...

For most the tail strobe was appealing and something you wanted to have because it sort of served as a warning to car enthusiast that the car infront of them wasn't a standard Aspen/Volare but was one of 4 special optioned cars Roadrunner, R/T, Aspen "Sunrise" or Duster optioned Volare"

Based on this car being Pro Streeted early on I suspect it may be one of the factory stripe delete cars (pretty rare for 1979)

Have you checked the Car for # matching if its a #'s matching Duster it would be a shame to make it no longer # match because of drastic decrease in cars overall value

If the Original Fender Tag is under the hood can you take a good picture or make a rubbing of it? I would like to decode all the options on that tag for reference purposes... also curious if a stripe delete code could be derived from it right now I do not know what code designated tail strobe delet option

Thanks Gordon... I'm Walt in Boise we talked on phone before about other F Body stuff you had locally advertised (I also am the Owner/Moderator of F Body Mopars on Yahoo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back