Status
Not open for further replies.

74Dusted

Stock Piler of 340's
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Thought my '71 Demon had a 225 in it, turns out it has a 198 in it.

Here's what I know about the engine, it ran. I borrowed a set of manifolds and a carb from a friend to move the car around the parking lot. Fired it up one time, returned the intake/exhaust to my friend and the car sat for a month before I pushed it inside the garage for a complete teardown (where it's been sitting for the last 8 months or so)

I'm not putting a 6 back in the car (as my signature obviously indicates :D )

Engine Code (between the first 2 cylinders, near the coil, on the block) is GW198R.

Engine is still together/assembled, ugly as sin, (except the intake/exhaust that I returned to my buddy, obviously)

So here's the engine :

SANY0183.jpg

Told you it was ugly as sin :D

Anything 198 / S6 related is up for grabs (even if I don't have it listed), All items are located in Lewistown, Pennsylvania, 17044

Rods (pistons included with them) : $300
Crank : $100
Head (with valves/springs/rockers/valve cover) : $150
Block : $100
Points Distributor : $20
S6 904 Transmission : $150 (no converter, i used that converter in the SB 904 that i put in my truck)
Motor Mount Brackets : $25 for the pair (Biscuit style, not spool mounts)

uhh, that's about it isn't it? unless you guys see something you might need that is related to the /6. I'm Willing to negotiate on the prices. Smaller items can be shipped (or picked up, if you feel like dropping by and talking mopars for a while :D ) Larger items would have to be picked up, or you could have them shipped freight

Still assembled at the moment, if someone shows interest in a part, I'll tear it down.

$175 for the set of rods/pistons?
$75 for the block? (will measure bore once I tear it down)
$10 for the pair of motor mount brackets?

Feel free to make offers if you're interested in something.

I'll be honest, I don't know what these parts go for usually, I just know (from reading) that the 198 rods are commonly used for stroking a 225.

Replied.

Sale pending on Rods/pistons, all other items still available.

just a friendly FYI for anybody who might want any of the other parts, it may take me a few days (until I can find some help to get the engine removed) I tore something in my shoulder yesterday while turning in the rear calipers on a nissan... damn things have to be turned in with a special tool, didn't want to move...my shoulder left loose before they turned :eek:ops:

Engine is out and torn down now.

Some pics from when it was being torn apart.

SANY0335.jpg

SANY0336.jpg

Everything (except the rods/pistons, sale pending) is still available, if you need pictures of a particular part, or want measurements, let me know.

I need a p/s pump and brackets for a 64 225. Willl the one off of here work? got more close up pics of the p/s setup?

Krazykuda, I'm not sure if they'd be the correct brackets for a '64, I don't know much about the interchange on Slant 6's. I'd guess that if the brackets that matched the pump were used, it should work?

I'll get pics of the brackets and pump (which I unbolted from the engine and sat on the k-frame when I lifted the engine out) in the morning

EDIT : After looking around some, it seems this style pump was used on the S6 on the Early A bodies too.

---

Connecting Rods Sold

EDIT : I had to go back to the shop anyway to box up the connecting rods, so I grabbed the pictures for you krazykuda. If you need more, or measurements, just let me know.

SANY0340.jpg

SANY0341.jpg

SANY0342.jpg

SANY0343.jpg

SANY0344.jpg

SANY0345.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back