1980 360 heads with a 1988 Throttle body manifold...

-

js1023

Reaction score
my question is will the 318 throttle body manifold match up to the 1980 360 heads with out any problems ????

okay, i have a problem here. I currently live in VA and I have to get through one more emissions before its classified as an antique and I can run what the hell I want under the hood with out EPA and emission laws.

My idea is to take the 1988 Throttle body manifold with throttle body on it because it can get through emissions with no problems. Take a set of 1980 360heads that are freshly fully rebuilt and milled down and bolt those on the 318 blocked ((((i no that people say you loose horse power and stuff...but it will give me time to get the 318 heads ported and i can switch over to a carb a couple years from now))). I need to a complete rebuild in the 318 block. It still runs but there 285000 miles on it.

I would like to thank everybody for your help and guidance so far. This website has taught me a lot.

It Should, Its pre magnum,...Thought about doin this on a spare 340 I have,...usin parts from a pre magnum truck,....whats the car???

It Should, Its pre magnum,...Thought about doin this on a spare 340 I have,...usin parts from a pre magnum truck,....whats the car???

Yes, I am using all LA parts (pre-mag). its coming off a dodge 1988 dodge d100

.........r u putting the tbi on a fi vehical.........if not u will need the computer and associated wiring.....with that many miles the change will mote than likely not b worth the time and expence..........kim......

-
Back