[WANTED] 1980s Charger

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK about reliability. Maybe the N/A ones.

My 86 CS was almost 100% stock and could barely go a month without breaking something.

My brother had a Shelby Charger and also kept breaking things.

Our friend has a GLHS Charger and breaks something every time he takes it out.

Usually either electrical/electronic or transmission/shifter related. Lots of vacuum issues, too.

If it's a manual trans, you'll get really good a reaching up and putting the linkage back together.

BTW, the GLHS I mentioned is a show winning 95 plus point restoration.

IDK about reliability. Maybe the N/A ones.

My 86 CS was almost 100% stock and could barely go a month without breaking something.

My brother had a Shelby Charger and also kept breaking things.

Our friend has a GLHS Charger and breaks something every time he takes it out.

Usually either electrical/electronic or transmission/shifter related. Lots of vacuum issues, too.

If it's a manual trans, you'll get really good a reaching up and putting the linkage back together.

BTW, the GLHS I mentioned is a show winning 95 plus point restoration.

Thanks for the information. He is more looking for a good driver, not so much a race / show car.

Thanks for all the cars, some good ones in the bunch. Trying to stick as close to South Central PA as we can, the last one he knows about, don't know if he got a chance to call about it or not yet.

I had a 1981 Omni 024(which evolved into the Charger) for about half a year somewhere around 1990. Mine had the 1.7L VW engine, and the only 2 ongoing problems I had were with the carb and with the shifter linkage.

Other than that they seemed likable enough. I NEVER see those cars down here in the south so I can imagine how tough it will be to find one in Penn.

Probably will end up paying for a nice one unless you use eBay and pick up from the south or southwest.

I had a 1981 Omni 024(which evolved into the Charger) for about half a year somewhere around 1990. Mine had the 1.7L VW engine, and the only 2 ongoing problems I had were with the carb and with the shifter linkage.

Other than that they seemed likable enough. I NEVER see those cars down here in the south so I can imagine how tough it will be to find one in Penn.

Probably will end up paying for a nice one unless you use eBay and pick up from the south or southwest.

Good point, I'm beginning to realize this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back