1981 Dodge 360 to 66 cuda?

-

BJDEALER

Reaction score
Ok i just bought a 1981 Dodge PowerRam 1500 for 400 bucks. The motor is a 360 and it runs pretty good. Its a 4 speed manual. What do i need to do to get this thing in my cuda in a nutshell. Have a 66 cuda /6 car. Its an auto. thanks

360 car pan, V8 mounts, early A exhaust manifolds or headers, a V8 drop center link. clutch linkage. clutch pedals for early A. You'll have to modify the wiring harness a bit. The correct rad to go with the newer motor. A modified drive shaft.
You might want to upgrade the brakes as are probably 9" drums. The little 7 1/4 might taking a beating for a bit but won't last long being driven hard.

Probably more but that's all I can think of.

everything that Keith said, plus if I'm not mistaken, a Power Ram is 4X4. if it is and it has a NP435 4 speed you will need a different trans. in fact if it is 4X4 no matter what trans is in it, you will need a different one. the bellhousing and flywheel should swap, but ditch the truck clutch heavy.

Ok i found an Torqueflite A999 i think it is. Its a 727 tranny that went behind 360s only. I has the 2.74 gear. I am planning on putting that behind the motor. Will there be any modification i need to do? It is a 4X4 so the 4 speed is no bueno i guess. Are the a body manifolds easy to find? if so give me a lead. thanks

-
Back