-
Status
Not open for further replies.

de69cuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I've had this car listed at a 300zx forum for a few months, but no bites. I need to either sell it oin the very near future, or it will be taken to a local auto recycler. Here in California, there are laws about how long these cars can be availalbe at the recycler, but I need it off my property. Price is negotiable and I'll help with delivery or pickup - just ask! Here are the specifics:

Year: 1986
Model: 300zx 2+2 GLL
Engine: Normally Aspirated (NA) – Non Turbo
Trans: 5 Speed Manual
Color: Gun Metal Gray Exterior / Gray Interior
Mileage: 480000 shown on odometer
Description: Selling my 300zx 2+2 GLL t-top. The timing belt broke in the engine, so I’m assuming an engine rebuild or swap will be needed to get the car back on the road. I have several Nissan parts to go with the car: Turn signal/Headlight Combination switch, Interior door handle – drivers side, Drivers door lock assembly as well as other misc parts. I’ve printed a Factory Service Manual – it’s in two large binders that will go with the car as well as two red books that came with the car from the factory. I replaced the motor when I bought the car 10 years ago, with new motor mounts at that time. The 5 speed manual transmission was replaced a couple of years later with a new Poly mount. The rear end mount and the rear sub frame mounts were replaced with Poly mounts as well a few years ago. I installed an after-market radio with new speakers in the doors and rear of the car. One year ago, I replaced all the fuel line hoses between the fuel filter and the injector’s as one of the hoses sprung a leak. Replaced all the vacuum hoses with silicone hoses in the engine compartment. The AC never worked for me – all the parts are there, the display showed low gas and I never took it to a repair shop for some R-12 freon. The heater worked great! The upholstery on the seats started ripping and coming apart at the seams last summer – you can see some of it on the attached pictures. The speedometer cable snapped, so the speedometer was working sporadically the last couple of months. The steering rack was leaking – needing to be replaced but still working. The clear coat has come off all the horizontal surfaces (hood, tops of doors and around the t-tops), but the vertical surfaces (sides) the paint still looks great. For the t-tops, the covers on the sides were coming off – falling down. I was investigating replacing them when the engine broke.
Car ran great and was a blast to drive. Summer with the t-tops off was wonderful, but I don’t have the time to work on the engine or replace it. I won’t part it out, but you are welcome to, or get it back on the road.
The GLL package gets you the 80's digital dash, the electric drivers seat, digital controlled HVAC, and other goodies. I liked it, but some don't.
I’ll answer any questions as quickly as I can - PM me. Thanks for your time.

Asking price: $800 (obo)
Name: David
City/State/Country: Sacramento, CA

86 300 Rear.jpg

86 300zx Drivers Side.jpg

86 300zx Front.jpg

86 300zx Hood.jpg

86 300zx Pass Side.jpg

86 300zx T-Tops Off.jpg

86 300zx T-Tops.jpg

86 GLL Digital Dash.jpg

Status