-
Status
Not open for further replies.

MOBodyman

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Contact seller
This is not the same truck I advertised here a couple of years ago. I sold that one to a member here last year. I also bought this one new. I used this one for a shop truck until 2005, then sold it to my sister. I then bought it back from her last year and gave it a partial cosmetic restoration.
I left the cab and front fenders intact but everything else was disassembled. The complete body was repainted, even inside the bed, which was nice since it had a bedliner in it. If I may say so myself, the paint is way better than it came from the factory. :D I also refinished the bumpers, grille, mirrors, flares, etc. All the decals are new OEM I bought in the early '90s. It still has the original windshield in it. The original spare has only been used 2 times. I still have the original battery and tires if the new owner wants them.
Before I sold it to my sister I had the trans rebuilt and beefed up a bit. I also replaced all the a/c parts (except one hose and the evaporator) with new OE Mopar parts. $$$ The belts and hoses were also replaced with OE parts. I still have all the original parts that were replaced over the years and they will go with the truck. My sister had the smog pump replaced at a dealership. (more $$$) The tech nicked the radiator replacing the pump so I had the original radiator recored.
The exterior really needs nothing except the wheels detailed. The interior is still original. The carpet and seat were kept covered so the are nice except the seat has a tiny bit of wear on the edge, not enough to warrant a repair. It has a nice set of 'Shelby" floor mats. The dash pad has some cracks so it's really the only thing that needs attention now. The 'Y' missing from the Shelby decal in the engine shot has been replaced.
Since I repainted it I have driven it to shows and cruise-ins and haven't used it as a work truck. You can fly in a drive it home. PM or email me for my phone # and I can give you more details. I also have many more pics I can send. All Shelby specific items are original and intact.
I am asking $10,500 for it. Selling to add to my 'new Challenger' fund. Truck is located in south central MO. 65557
Thanks,
Dallas

Attachments

• IMG_7620 (Small).JPG
    68 KB · Views: 876
  • IMG_7578 (Small).JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 760
  • IMG_7563 (Small).JPG
    32 KB · Views: 743
  • IMG_7565 (Small).JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 712
  • IMG_7582 (Small).JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 783
  • IMG_7584 (Small).JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 768
  • IMG_7571 (Small).JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 830
  • IMG_7566 (Small).JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 736
  • IMG_7562 (Small).JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 824
  • IMG_7616 (Small).JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 777
Dallas, that is one sweet Shelby Dak. I was just reading an article in Mopar Action yesterday. They listed 1000 red trucks built and 500 white trucks.
Good luck with the sale. And I'm diggin' the '75 Road Runner reflection in the first pic. :thumbup: :headbang:

Wylde1.

Dallas, that is one sweet Shelby Dak. I was just reading an article in Mopar Action yesterday. They listed 1000 red trucks built and 500 white trucks.
Good luck with the sale. And I'm diggin' the '75 Road Runner reflection in the first pic. :thumbup: :headbang:

Wylde1.

I don't believe the split was exactly 1000/500 but that is close. I have a copy of the master vin list but I have never had the time to study it closely.
Good eye on the R/R reflection! I was wondering if anyone would notice that. :D (R/R is for sale, too!)
I forgot to mention in the ad that I have the books for the truck as well as a copy of the MSO, the paper that the truck was advertised in, etc.
When I sell this truck I have several NOS parts (Shelby specific decals, seat material, etc) that I will sell, as well as a Shelby parts truck.
Thanks,
Dallas

Bought my white one new as well... At the time, the bonehead salesman ripped the window sticker in half when I did the intital test drive... I had contacted Shelby way back then and they sent a replacement, but for the wrong truck - they transposed the last 2 digits of the VIN when they re-ran the sticker... At the time time they told me 450 white and 1050 red trucks. I still do not know the definite answer, as I've heard several different numbers.... Also don't know why some steering wheels were full wrapped, others half wrapped and some were only wrapped at 9 ans 3 like mine... Also have not seen another with factory cruise control like mine....

Bought my white one new as well... At the time, the bonehead salesman ripped the window sticker in half when I did the intital test drive... I had contacted Shelby way back then and they sent a replacement, but for the wrong truck - they transposed the last 2 digits of the VIN when they re-ran the sticker... At the time time they told me 450 white and 1050 red trucks. I still do not know the definite answer, as I've heard several different numbers.... Also don't know why some steering wheels were full wrapped, others half wrapped and some were only wrapped at 9 ans 3 like mine... Also have not seen another with factory cruise control like mine....

I also had a white one I bought used several years ago. I remember it had a different steering wheel from my red trucks. It seems like it was partially wood grain, or just partially wrapped, it's been so long I don't remember now. I believe it had cruise on it, too. It was #1133 IIRC.
Most red ones I've seen personally were virtually identical. It seems like there were some variations on the white ones, not sure why.

Just found a copy of the 7/70 service contract for this truck. I'm pretty sure I still have a copy or 2 of the window sticker.
Dallas

Is it a 318 or 360?? Beautiful truck either way, good luck with the sale...

They were all 318s. They had planned to make a 360 version for 1990 but it never happened. The Shelby 318s did have 10 more hp due to the dual snorkle intake, exhaust manifolds, and computer. (Not sure the exhaust made a hp difference but they were specific to the Shelby trucks, and replacements listed for nearly $1000 each according to my old crash books. :protest: )
You could buy a '30 hp upgrade kit' which consisted of a 360 throttle body, a different computer, and a different muffler, but it was kind of pricy IIRC.
Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back