1990 318

-

68'barracuda

Reaction score
I have a 1990 Dodge D-150 with a 318 throttle body. I idles fine and runs fine while setting still, and putting around town for short distances. The problem when trying to get to hwy speed it falls on its face and will not accelerate (will spin the tires setting still). It throws a MAP sensor code, but the sensor checked out fine and replaced it twice. We have put a set of injectors in it and a new throttle body on it. The brakes aren't locking up and the transmission shifts smooth and good.
Any ideas would be great!!!
Thanks!

Just a thought, FI needs fuel pressure.... are you maintaining fuel pressure?

nope. But I am currently tracking down the feed to the fuel pump on my 89 Shelby Dakota - been suffering thru starting issues for a few years. After replacing everything related to the fuel/air/spark, I'm converting it to a 600cfm carb and mopar electronic ignition..... Got spark, got the fuel regulator/lines in place. Just need to find the feed that makes the pump run all the time and i'll be good.

Make sure the egr valve is working correctly. Sometimes crude gets stuck on the seat. Also the IAC valve motor might be turning but the screw drive inside might be stripped.

-
Back