1990 360 roller motor w/factory windage tray

-
The camshaft wear on the one I pulled looks identical to your picture. I wonder if I clean up the engine a little, and put all new gaskets, flush out the block and install new freeze plugs, maybe I can run it for a little while.

I’m wondering the same thing myself. Mine had 184k on it according to the odometer. That should be fine for the cam/lifters, and okay for the bores as well, since the combo of TBI and moly rings should have resulted in a pretty easy life for them.

I’m most concerned about the rod/crank bearings, but as we know, the worst thing you can do for those is look at them, haha.

I scoped all the bores and turned it over by hand before I pulled it. No issues noted. I’ll likely rig it up to the spare 904 and converter I have laying around, and do a compression test on it. Assuming that checks out, I may also try to run it for a while. If not, I have a much fresher roller 318 in the other corner of the shop that I’ll use while this one gets a rebuild.

I’ve got a Lunati roller cam and EQ Magnum heads that will pair nicely with either motor.

-
Back