1992 5.2 Magnum

-
I don't think anyone is saying to run one or the other, except to say that running the stock EFI after building a decent motor is a waste of money.

Also, anyone who figures a 318 won't pull 13's is being silly. A 69 340 had 275hp, (some would say 325) and it got an A body into the 13's. Why wouldn't a 318 making 325hp (a little better than a horse a cube) be able to do the same thing?

Just food for thought, I'll go back to my corner now.

If staying EFI, the easiest way is to get a 96 Ram or Dakota 5.2 manual trans pcm. Then you can use what ever trans you want. You'll just have to rig a speed sensor to tell the pcm how fast the car is moving. As for 318's in the 13's. That's cake. My 96 5.2 Dakota 5 speed ran 13.80's at 103mph on the motor with just bolt ons (and a little internal stock class racing trickery) and stock efi. It made 352hp/375 ft/lbs at the flywheel. The MPH is way high for the et because...ready for it...it wasn't tuned right. Truck should of been going down in the low 13's.

Moral of the story. EFI is great. But it has to be tuned right to get the most of it. Otherwise it's all for not.

so what yall saying is, if i do a mild strock on a 318 potato i can see 9s in da 1/4, dawg!

Ok so I have decided just to put a 360 carb engine with the 727. I know i will have to change the mounts and flatten the transmission area and the window motor hump. I already have disc brakes and 8 3/4 rearend.

Anything else?

Yup, check your torsion bars. They will be too small for the 360. A good upgrade would be antisway bars.

-
Back