Not open for further replies.

pauly

MOPAR or no car!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Contact seller
I have a clean, unmolested and uncut dash harness out of a 1992 D100 2WD pickup. Truck had a V6 with an automatic and air condition. Asking $30 plus the ride. PM me if interested!

B1792411-38D2-45D7-A5D9-A35ED8099E6E.jpeg

I have an 82 D150 that has post-apocalyptic wiring issues. Would this harness match up to my factory stuff?

I’m afraid that’s a big fat no on that one. I don’t remember what year they started using them but 1992 uses an electronic speedometer in place of the cable speedometer. And they were also TBI or EFI kegger (Magnum) trucks with a computerized ECM. The ECM also was OBD1 and regulated the charging system while 1982 used a five or four pin ignition box and ran the standard external alternator regulator. Then the column wiring is different, too. Later columns had the wipers on the turn signal stalk, and the start accessory switch was near the bottom of steering column, so the wiring is completely different on them. And then delay wiper, cruise control, power window, power mirror harnesses were different, too. The ‘92 will also be set up with an in tank fuel pump and accompanying relays, which also effects the layout of firewall plug. But 1981-1985 is the real sweet spot for dodge trucks. Non vented doors with reinforced hinge plates, larger door latch pins than the later trucks, and then not having to get into the harness to get around the PCM type ECU and set up a new charging system if you want to do modifications and performance improvements.

Question for the OP. What other options did the truck have? Power windows and mirrors, per chance? That’s a smoking good deal for that type of under dash wiring harness.

Question for the OP. What other options did the truck have? Power windows and mirrors, per chance? That’s a smoking good deal for that type of under dash wiring harness.
Manual windows and locks. Low option truck really. AC was the only real option on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back