1995 Ply Neon - gas tank question

-

Sparky1

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Need a little advice here. I removed a leaky gas tank from my daughter's 95 Ply Neon Sport and have a question. How do I remove the piece from the old tank that connects to the filler tube? I am afraid to be rough with it as if it breaks then I'll have a bigger problem. Ordered the replacement tank from 1A Auto - #1AFRK00028 - however, they don't sell this part. I've gone to the local Mopar dealer they stated that all their tanks come with that piece installed. Not sure, whether I believe that or not. I've also gone online and stopped at several auto-parts store and they do not have any information or worse yet, can't even seem to even find that part. So, I really don't want to break it. Anybody out there know about this...or changed out that part ?? I have attached picture of that part.
Thanks,

Attachments

• 100_4169.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 76
Not sure on this but if the tank is junk and you can't find a replacement, I say get some tin snips and cut the tank. That will ensure the piece isn't torn out.

I just replaced the tank in my Girlfriend's 02' Dodge Neon, the tank came with that fitting from Mopar.

-
Back