Status
Not open for further replies.

robcuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi!

Looking for a 1996-1999 Dodge Coachman Van Conversion. Thought I would ask the Dodge guys. I really like these but realizing they are hard to find. Please let me know if you have one and are considering selling. Thanks so much!

Rob

Last edited:
Is this a typical conversion van (4 captains chairs and a fold back rear bench) ? Is Coachman a specific brand of conversion?

Is this a typical conversion van (4 captains chairs and a fold back rear bench) ? Is Coachman a specific brand of conversion?
I believe Ford and Chevy partnered with Coachman who would professionally convert stock vans into Class B Vans. They did a great job. It's more than a custom van, more like a camper. Widened it approx 6 inches, generator, propane heat, AC, sink, sleeping area, bathroom/shower, stove, microwave, frig, TV, pretty cool. All with a 360 Magnum, Dodge Power Train. Here is a pic for you to check out.

coachman.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe raised the roof and used a 3500 series long body, but I cant see how they widened it. That would be a hell of an undertaking.

The chinook version I am betting was a chassis cab model. Note the double rear wheels. The entire *** end behind the cab doors and above them was custom including the framework. The camper bodywork was probably popped from a fiberglass mould and followed the shape of the van body.

Hi!

Looking for a 1996-1999 Dodge Coachman Van Conversion. Thought I would ask the Dodge guys. I really like these but realizing they are hard to find. Please let me know if you have one and are considering selling. Thanks so much!

Rob
Augh! Found two on craigslist across the country and both were scams! Also, it looks like RV Dealerships are snatching these things up and marking them up $6k over NADA.

Augh! Found two on craigslist across the country and both were scams! Also, it looks like RV Dealerships are snatching these things up and marking them up $6k over NADA.
FYI: The value of RVs has skyrocketed since the shutdown of society in a panic response to the Wuhan virus. Over the last year people have been buying RVs and traveling to open country areas and RV parks across the US. My wife and I thought about doing the same but the prices kept rising every time that we checked on different models. In California, the beachfront RV spaces were occupied at the maximum state mandate of 20-40% of maximum since the restrictions were put into place.

FYI: The value of RVs has skyrocketed since the shutdown of society in a panic response to the Wuhan virus. Over the last year people have been buying RVs and traveling to open country areas and RV parks across the US. My wife and I thought about doing the same but the prices kept rising every time that we checked on different models. In California, the beachfront RV spaces were occupied at the maximum state mandate of 20-40% of maximum since the restrictions were put into place.
Good point, that's probably why I'm having difficulty. I went to a RV Dealership to look at some of these vans knowing what the NADA was. I won't even tell you what their asking price was, I thought they were joking.

A beachfront RV space sounds pretty nice! Good luck with your search too!

Widen your search to include Dodge Roadtrek. They did nice Class B conversions on Dodge vans too.
Thanks, I'm new to the Class B van thing. I already starting looking now for Roadtrek too, didn't know about this. Just for kicks I'm adding a pic of a 99 Roadtrek below.

dodge roadrek.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back