1999 Sebring LXI HELP

-

67ragtop

Reaction score
I drove my Sebring home last night without any trouble. Tried to take it to work this morning and the car just cranks (strong) with no power steering. Any ideas? It is raining out and the cuda's not going to sit in the driveway while I try to figure it out.

Turn the key on-off-on-off-on in that order only. It will light up the check engine light in a sequence of flashes with a space in between the digits write them down on a sheet of paper and then check in a haynes or chiltons manual and it will show if there is a fault the pcm has detected. I know this sound confusing as i type it so i will try to give you an example

flash,flash,flash,flash,flash pause for about 2 seconds flash,flash,flash,flash,flash That would be code 55 and it will be the last code you recieve it is the end of pcm check code. good luck i hope this helps ( and makes some sense) Justin

P.S. all the codes are only two digits so after two digits it is flashing another code.

I turned the key like you said and all the lights come on, then the only one that stays lit up is the door ajar. The check engine light goes out, unless I am doing something wrong?

the check engine light will go out for a few seconds before it starts blinking the codes to you. Are you waiting a few seconds by chance? I am leaving for a few hours i hope you can get it working but if not i will check in as soon as i get home.

Also you have to turn the key on off on off on pretty quickly within 5 or 10 seconds or the pcm wont read that you are trying to check it.

-
Back