1st gen Dakota Sport Convertible

-

Woods74

Broke Senior
Reaction score
Saw one of these the other day, thought they were cool.

3185176608_d4d4219d23.jpg

Here's one on the 'list.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5296201957.html

I've always wanted to stick a hot small block in one! It's on my loooong list of vehicles is like to build some day. Lol

Saw one of these the other day, thought they were cool.

3185176608_d4d4219d23.jpg

Here's one on the 'list.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5296201957.html

Cars and concepts conversions is what these all were. A great idea, however if you find one better make sure all the unique trim, and weatherstrip is intact and in good condition C&C went out of business a long time ago. They also did t top mods on daytonas, shadow convertibles, and t tops on fieros and mustang fox bodies. I had one heck of a time finding all the pieces of t top weatherstripping NOS for an 88 daytona shelby and this was back in 2001.

Happy hunting for a clean example, and good luck.

Matt

A guy here has the Shelby edition that's been his daily driver for years.

I still own the Shelby Dakota i bought new in 89. It has been a daily driver, the honeymoon ride, parked for several years, daily driver again, parked again, brought back out and painted a fw years ago and Jake learned to drive in it, took his driving test in it and drove it to high school for a year until his 65 was ready for the road. Hasnt been driven much the last year and a half, but as soon as i work out a few gremlins in it that have developed, i'm planning on driving most days to/from work again.

I almost bought a convertible sport at the time, but drove the Shelby home instead. Here we are 27 years later and i see more of the 1500 Shelby trucks than i do convertible sports.......

In 8 short years, Jake's little brother will be learning to drive in it......time does fly. I'm getting old....lol

-
Back