1st Oil Change, uh oh....

-

Seandavid55

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
First off, not my car. Good buddy of mine finished his 72 Dart last year. He's been ripping around pretty good since. I recieved this picture from him the other day...

imagejpeg_0(1)_copy_768x1024.jpg

Engine is a 400-451 stroker. I don't know a lot of the details. Engine was running fine. Has the edelbrock performance package on it with some differences. They sent some wrong parts. Then a different cam was decided on, springs changed.... like I said not sure on the details.

These pieces look like rollers from the timing chain to me. If that's the case, what can/would cause that? I do know it's the edlebrock timing set that was part of the package.

Just curious what you guys thought.

Thanks.

Last edited:
If it's a SB you might be able to remove the fuel pump and see inside to the chain.

Rotate engine, check chain.

Looks like valve keepers. Probably dropped on spring swap....to big to get sucked.up the pick.up tube. Stick a magnetic pick up tool in the drain hole and see if there's any more. Pulling the pan would be the best course of action though.

Looks like valve keepers. Probably dropped on spring swap....to big to get sucked.up the pick.up tube. Stick a magnetic pick up tool in the drain hole and see if there's any more. Pulling the pan would be the best course of action though.

That's what I first thought. He's pretty certain they are rollers. I mentioned dropping the pan. I hope he does that

Are they metal or fiber? Were they stuck to the magnet on the drain plug?

-
Back